Community Forum

Xfinity Stream Beta app stuck on purchase screen

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Stream Beta app stuck on purchase screen

It seems a lot of people have had this problem for a while and that it has not been resolved.

For about a month the app has been stuck on purchase screen across several Samsung devices, making the app useless.

Reinstalling and removing tv from power outlet seems to do nothing.

When will this be resolved?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta app stuck on purchase screen

@rasmusrj wrote:

It seems a lot of people have had this problem for a while and that it has not been resolved.

For about a month the app has been stuck on purchase screen across several Samsung devices, making the app useless.

Reinstalling and removing tv from power outlet seems to do nothing.

When will this be resolved?

it likely isn't stuck. if you are a current cable TV subscriber, do a test. go to xfinity.com and sign in. go to account, then to users. add a new user and use that user to sign in. does the new username work?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I couldn't quite do what you suggested as the the app needs to be activated through xfinity.com/authorize and a 6 digit code.

However, I was able to sign out (settings are available on the stuck purchase screen) and then redo the authorization, which fixed the problem.

I have no idea, if this would have fixed it in the first place as I had tried several times to delete, install and authorize the app, or if something changed in the authorization.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I just did a reinstall on my other Samsung tv, and that fixed the issue, so I'm guessing something changed on the xfinity end.

Highlighted
New Poster

Hi I just got a new Samsung smart TV - I am having the same issue. The app just loads to the purchased page and it won’t let me do anything else. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I was able to go to settings (the only option available on purchase screen) and choose to log out, when I then authorized the app, everything was fine.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @rasmusrj,

Thank you for your feedback on the Xfinity Forums. We are happy to see that the issue has resolved for you!

Hopefully, to provide you with some closure, we are aware of this issue and are working toward finding a permanent solution so customers no longer have this negative experience.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @Fco301,

You may be able to resolve the issue for your account by logging out on all affected devices and logging back in.

Can you try this and let us know if you regain access to your channels?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

This did not work.The app keeps loading to the purchases page and there is nothing I can do to get out of it other than quitting the app.

Highlighted
New Poster

I tried this several times and it did not work for me.

Highlighted
New Poster

The screen continues to be stuck in the purchases page; I have tried logging in and out of it, nothing happens, I have also tried to delete and reinstall the application. I even found these instructions - everything works up until step 8 - I never see that main menu https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Mobile-Apps/ANSWERED-How-to-install-Xfinity-Stream-App-on-Smart-TVs/ta...

Highlighted
Expert

@Fco301 wrote:

The screen continues to be stuck in the purchases page; I have tried logging in and out of it, nothing happens, I have also tried to delete and reinstall the application. I even found these instructions - everything works up until step 8 - I never see that main menu https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Mobile-Apps/ANSWERED-How-to-install-Xfinity-Stream-App-on-Smart-TVs/ta...

do a test. go to xfinity.com and sign in. go to accounts, then users, and create a new username. use that username/password to sign in to the beta stream app.working?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.