Community Forum

Tvapp-00500 error

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Tvapp-00500 error

Trying to watch live tv at home using the app on roku. Gives this error code, can watch on demand things appears to just be live tv. We are at home connected to our xfinity wifi. Do not have a tv box or a xfinity owned router. Please help resolve the issue.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Tvapp-00500 error

I have the same problem right now. Any idea what caused this? Is this a roku issue because beta works fine on my phone right now but refuses to work on the roku device.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here.  

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

At least we aren't alone, wondering now if its a roku issue now. I hadn't thought to try on a different device. I know I restarted the roku's and modem a few times. Still nothing.
Highlighted
New Poster

Same issue here, not just ROKU, also LG SmartTv Xfinity App gives same error. Although cell phone and iPad will work. Seems to be a Roku/TV app issue. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Still having the same issue. I've reset my modem, signed out and back in to the Xfinity Stream app, and still nothing.
Highlighted
New Poster

I have the exact same problem. Tvapp error 00500. Can watch on-demand and saved shows. Can’t watch live tv.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-unable-to-connect

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Expert

try power-unplugging the gateway/modem device for 30+ seconds and plug back in.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!