Community Forum

TVAPP-00243

Highlighted
New Poster

TVAPP-00243

I receivee a "Playback Issue :: TVAPP-00243 for ABC 7, and a few other channels I was able to watch last week.  Why all of a sudden am I recieving the error, and the channels no long stream?

Thank you for your time. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: TVAPP-00243

@Willow2662 wrote:

I receivee a "Playback Issue :: TVAPP-00243 for ABC 7, and a few other channels I was able to watch last week.  Why all of a sudden am I recieving the error, and the channels no long stream?

Thank you for your time. 

are you connected to your home wifi with any VPN service turned off? Does a smart phone/tablet using the xfinity stream TV app work normally?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Have you resolved your issue. I’m
Having the same problem.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I’m running into the same issue also. And RustyBen, its the TV Go aka Out Of Home channel of ABC that the error code is popping up from. It just started a few days ago.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

my stream app is acting up with this annoying code. Did you figure out how to fix it? If so, what did you do to resolve it?  Can you please help me figure out what this could mean or be. 

Highlighted
Expert

@Positivetequan wrote:

my stream app is acting up with this annoying code. Did you figure out how to fix it? If so, what did you do to resolve it?  Can you please help me figure out what this could mean or be. 

what device were you using when this happened? what is the error message on the screen with the error code? what were you doing when the code happened? were you connected to your own home wifi when it happened?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Same. Not sure what’s going on. It happens when I’m on my MacBook and the iPad and iPhone Xfinity Stream apps.

All the other channels work fine. But trying to watch ABC “TV Go” version isn’t working anymore.
D2AAD989-0B27-4308-8A27-AC537720E456.png
Highlighted
New Poster

XFINITY PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION!

I have the same issue only with ABC on the same mobile device I always stream Xfinity from.  All other channels are fine.  I also have the ABC app on my device and viewing from the app is not an issue.  It's only an issue from the Xfinity app. 

Very annoying, since apparently I watch this channel more than I realize 🙂 

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having this same problem.  Has anyone found an answer?

Highlighted
Expert

@owlnsparrow wrote:

XFINITY PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION!

I have the same issue only with ABC on the same mobile device I always stream Xfinity from.  All other channels are fine.  I also have the ABC app on my device and viewing from the app is not an issue.  It's only an issue from the Xfinity app. 

Very annoying, since apparently I watch this channel more than I realize 🙂 

what device were you using when this happened? what is the error message on the screen with the error code? what were you doing when the code happened? were you connected to your own home wifi when it happened?

Highlighted
New Poster

Delete the stream app and reinstall
fixed the issue
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Schwak13

Yea. That didn’t work at all. Not sure what the issue is. It’s really annoying how all the other Out-Of-Home channels work with no issues but ABC seems to be the only one producing that error.

Can a Comcast rep help, please?
Highlighted
Expert

@bruistopher wrote:
@Schwak13

Yea. That didn’t work at all. Not sure what the issue is. It’s really annoying how all the other Out-Of-Home channels work with no issues but ABC seems to be the only one producing that error.

Can a Comcast rep help, please?

00243 usually means you are trying to stream while outside of the USA.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Rustyben

Strange, because I have not left the USA in years. I’ve been at my current location (Philadelphia region) for awhile and never had an issue. Even currently I’m trying to tune to the ABC out of home channel and it’s still putting the code even on WiFi and using Verizon cellular network. So not sure why the Comcast system is assuming I’m not in the USA when in fact I am.

Is there any other solutions? I signed out, signed in, uninstalled, reinstalled the app. Rebooted my devices and to avail the same 000243 code. Does an Xfinity rep have to send codes to my account or is this a software error that needs to be fixed?