Community Forum

Receiving "Connect to in-home WiFi" message at Xfinity Stream website

Highlighted
Contributor

Receiving "Connect to in-home WiFi" message at Xfinity Stream website

I'm logged into my Xfinity account from a desktop pc connected to a wired router in my home and am receiving the  "Connect to in-home WiFi to watch" message when I tried to stream episodes of 'Instinct' on CBS.  My internet provider is not Xfinity. Is this the problem? Can certain networks like CBS and Fox only be streamed if you have Xfinity Internet?

 

 

stream1.JPG
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Receiving "Connect to in-home WiFi" message at Xfinity Stream website


@moodyj66 wrote:

I'm logged into my Xfinity account from a desktop pc connected to a wired router in my home and am receiving the  "Connect to in-home WiFi to watch" message when I tried to stream episodes of 'Instinct' on CBS.  My internet provider is not Xfinity. Is this the problem? Can certain networks like CBS and Fox only be streamed if you have Xfinity Internet?


are you an x1 customer? (requires xfinity internet + video subscription)



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Receiving "Connect to in-home WiFi" message at Xfinity Stream website


@Rustyben wrote:

@moodyj66 wrote:

I'm logged into my Xfinity account from a desktop pc connected to a wired router in my home and am receiving the  "Connect to in-home WiFi to watch" message when I tried to stream episodes of 'Instinct' on CBS.  My internet provider is not Xfinity. Is this the problem? Can certain networks like CBS and Fox only be streamed if you have Xfinity Internet?


are you an x1 customer? (requires xfinity internet + video subscription)


No, I do not have X1, I have Xfinity TV but do not have Xfinity internet.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Receiving "Connect to in-home WiFi" message at Xfinity Stream website


@moodyj66 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@moodyj66 wrote:

I'm logged into my Xfinity account from a desktop pc connected to a wired router in my home and am receiving the  "Connect to in-home WiFi to watch" message when I tried to stream episodes of 'Instinct' on CBS.  My internet provider is not Xfinity. Is this the problem? Can certain networks like CBS and Fox only be streamed if you have Xfinity Internet?


are you an x1 customer? (requires xfinity internet + video subscription)


No, I do not have X1, I have Xfinity TV but do not have Xfinity internet.


you have what is called legacy cable service or pehaps a one-way DTA service. a comcast employee will usually respond within 72 hours of your initial post.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Receiving "Connect to in-home WiFi" message at Xfinity Stream website


@Rustyben wrote:

@moodyj66 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@moodyj66 wrote:

I'm logged into my Xfinity account from a desktop pc connected to a wired router in my home and am receiving the  "Connect to in-home WiFi to watch" message when I tried to stream episodes of 'Instinct' on CBS.  My internet provider is not Xfinity. Is this the problem? Can certain networks like CBS and Fox only be streamed if you have Xfinity Internet?


are you an x1 customer? (requires xfinity internet + video subscription)


No, I do not have X1, I have Xfinity TV but do not have Xfinity internet.


you have what is called legacy cable service or pehaps a one-way DTA service. a comcast employee will usually respond within 72 hours of your initial post.


Thanks for the info. I guess I'll see if a Comcast employee decides to view this and respond.

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Receiving "Connect to in-home WiFi" message at Xfinity Stream website

Hey there, moodyj66! Thank you for reaching out to us here on the forums regarding these streaming issues. I'd be happy to take a look at the account with you, make sure you meet eligibility requirements, and troubleshoot from the account if applicable! Please send me a PM with your first and last name to take a look. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!