sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

There is ZERO reason that you can give me an iPad app to watch Xfinity but cannot authorize the same for the Roku.  Except for the $$$$ .... So get a deal struck with Roku.  You guys look like idiots with people doing PlayOn workarounds to deliver what a major technology company like Comcast should be able to do 10x better.

Step up.  Have some corporate pride in the products you deliver.  This multi-year Roku issue does not reflect any drive for corporate excellence.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

11 years ago

Dear Sirs - I am a subscriber through Comcast for HBOGO.  Comcast is one of the only major cable providers currently not supporting HBOGO on the Roku3 device (see weblink below).  Why is this and when can I expect Comcast to begin supporting this device?   My continued business depends on your answer.   Thank you.

http://support.roku.com/entries/23281953-Does-my-television-provider-offer-HBO-GO-on-Roku-devices-

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

11 years ago

Hi Jhusosky - thanks for the advice and glad to hear you got your HBOGO working again with Playon on the Roku.  I've updated my PlayOn server (version 3.7.6.5398) and removed and readded the PlayOn channel to the Roku3 and still no luck.  Comcast is my cable provider and the PlayOn Support people are indicating it appears to be related to the combination of Comcast and HBOGO (on the Roku) but haven't figured it out yet.   What Roku device do you have and is Comcast your cable provider?

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

11 years ago

yes comcast is my cable TV and cable internet provider and Roku 3

It seems to be that I have to login to hbogo on the playon server first, because comcast seems to forget who you are every time. I have been doing this through the playon login button on the channel setup screen.

It's a lot of extra effort, thank you comcast. This works until hbogo times you out.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

Its been 3 or 4 months since i dumped xfinity and got the whole package from Att uverse. Zero problems with twice the package at half the price. And i dont have to beg for hbogo on my roku. Its carried by Att. Drop comcast like a hot potato.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

I wouldn't believe a word they say. If you kook at the very first pages of this thread (almost 2years ago) you will find several posts just like yours. But for 2 years. They keep saying its coming. It never happens. But ive got to love your optimism.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

Why is the Roku still not supported by Comcast for HBOGo access?! It was supported on the AppleTV from day 1!

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

11 years ago

For what it's worth, I had an online chat session with a Comcast rep today who indicated they had received quite a few requests to add Roku support for HBO and will be supporting it (as they do with Apple TV) but they couldn't tell me when.  Given the track record of Comcast reps I don't really ever believe what I'm told but thought I'd pass that along.  I also sent them a list of all the other major cable providers supporting Roku pointing out the lack of Comcast support.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

It's just a matter of time right now, maybe another year from now? Look at the track record Xbox 360 was added on April 2012, Apple TV was added on June 2013, Roku sometime 3rd quarter 2014? I don't think they are forgotting about Roku. They know it's a popular device but also know it can be link up many HBO accounts as one Comcast acount. Honestly all they have to do is lock HBO Go on one Roku device. To prevent family members using the same account or something on different devices. Pluis Roku would have to pay a contract fee, which is probably in the millions. Hense why Apple TV and Microsoft have made deals so far.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.6K Messages

11 years ago

Post by realityinabox removed.

Forum Guidelines

(which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state

Please Don't

2. Use Profanity

Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I bought a Roku so I could legally watch all the content I already pay for and do it one place. I watch Netflix and Amazon on the Roku over cabe internet that I pay Comcast for.  Can Comcast/Xfinity please not be the only major cable provider to provide HBO GO access on the Roku? I see from this thread that is a multi-year issue. This is really kind of ridiculous. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

11 years ago

Hi jhusoski - I worked with Playon support and got HBOGO working on my Roku3 again by resetting IE at both the system and session level. Easy fix once the problem was properly diagnosed. As everyone else on this forum while I would still prefer for Comcast to support HBOGO on the Roku directly this at least provides a pretty decent "work around" for those TVs I have with no Comcast box or Xbox media extender.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

Well, it appears that I am not the first to question why Comcast in it's wisdom doesnot allow HBOGO on the Roku. You know if we could get HBOGO on the Roku you might have more customer retention.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

Why does Comcast authorize HBO GO for all other devices, but ROKU???  So disappointing when I tried to activate this morning to find out I can't, but just on my ROKU.  Come to find out it has been an issue for years!  Come on Comcast! 

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

11 years ago

But it has NOTHING to do with whether one turns on their cable box or not... we've all PAID already for HBO... and that includes HBO-GO.  And they allow such paid subcribers to watch HBO-GO on every freakin' device except Roku...  So this is completely ridiculous.

I'm on a contract with these jokers.  But can I use this to get out of it?  Seems like a breach to me.  I paid for HBO and am supposed to get HBO-GO....  I don't recall it saying only on certain devices and not others...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here