sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

11 years ago

I was told the same as you. And for several years i have had the digital converts. Then I read about and visited this web page http://www.silicondust.com/support/channels/ . If you enter your zipcode, it will show channels you are supposed to get ClearQAM. I also read after the digital conversion all these were blocked. I even chatted online with  Comcast anf the guy said they are available. I said no and we argued. I disconnected my converter and connected the coaxial straight to the TV. My TV has an in for "air" and and in for "cable". It only worked when connected to the in for cable and I had to let the TV auto retune ( that took a long time) but then I had all the channels listed on the website.

It works in my area. take the time to check it out. on the website there is a drpdown menu, select your provider.. Only TVs with QAM tuners will work I dont get the analog locals but the HD locals

Uverse is here but I am 8000ft away, too far, so it looks like I am not getting it anytime soon

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

11 years ago

Jay is removing posts again. I think one of mine maybe. Don't remember anymore. Haha. But the point I was making is there are tons of options available between free channels , streaming , etc. Comcast has no intention of making the apps available , if they did , they wuld be already. Comcast will not change unless enough customers bail. So look around. There are options

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

11 years ago

Jay, by free I mean clearQAM by the way.

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

11 years ago

Is it verboten to suggest sharing a subscription ? Just asking so I know if a suggestion to share an Hbo subscription from Dish or uverse will be deleted. Im not suggesting it just asking if it is verboten

Contributor

• 

65 Messages

11 years ago

I think it is pretty clear that these forums, and especially this particular thread, are a wastebasket for Comcast.  The people who monitor these forums are impotent to affect any kind of change.

Keep harassing the people who can:

https://twitter.com/Matt_CIM

and

https://twitter.com/samschwartz

I don't have high hopes that Comcast will ever support Roku.  I may be jumping ship to Dish.

Contributor

• 

65 Messages

11 years ago

@ATCDAV wrote:

Vincent, buddy, The guy said he already owned an ipad. he said he JUST bought a Roku3. So I suggest checking out AppleTV, if it works maybe the Roku can be returned. For those that already own the roku, Comcast is not your friend

I suggested locking down the other thread because it became nothing more than you and comcast arguing over censorhip of the forum.

relax dude. I am just as frustrated with Comcast as you are. They have no intention of opening up HBOGO to us thru Roku or any other streaming device anytime soon, I doubt there is an HBOGO app on the AppleTV, I was referring to mirroring the ipad. It may not work, I know they block it for Android tablets.

Just to clarify, HBO GO now works via HDMI out on the android phones and tablets I've tried.  I think this was a recent update.  Not  saying this is an acceptable alternative when it SHOULD be available via Roku, just so people know it is an option.

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

11 years ago

Does it? I just tried xfinity app last week and got the message about secondary video device, does the hbogo app on android have an activation link for comcast now? Are they making me eat my words? I will gladly do do if this is true

Contributor

• 

65 Messages

11 years ago

I have an EVO 4G as well.  It doesn't mirror the HDMI output natively, so unless you are rooted, you may be out of luck.  Oh, and the output resolution isn't the greatest, but would do for a smaller screen.

It is just ridiculous that Comcast continues to block its customers from accessing HBO on Roku and Samsung, when there are myriad ways to get HBO content on our TVs.  It just serves to frustrate customers and just shows how out of touch Comcast is.

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

11 years ago

Great I have a EVO 4G that just went off contract I can use for that, Still want my ROKU comcast!

Contributor

• 

65 Messages

11 years ago

The HBO GO app for android phones and tablets has been supported for a while now.  Just recently, however, HBO updated the app to allow HDMI output on mobile devices.  Output resolution may vary by phone, however.

The Xfinity TV player app still blocks HDMI (secondary output).

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

11 years ago

Awesome. One step forward. Thanks for the update

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Hi, adding my voice here--just recently purchased a Roku only to find HBOGo is not supported via Comcast.  As someone who just switched from DISH hoping for a better experience, I can tell you with certainty that I'll be moving to AT&T faster than you can say "content restrictions are bad for business".

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

I really gotta tell you. It seriously gets stuck in my craw that they continuously delete posts. Some of the words they consider inappropriate arent anywhere near cuss words. As a matter of fact, they could only be considered offensive to comcasts customer practices. What is the sense of these forums if they dont allow people to talk and ask for what the thread is about? I mean seriously! Wbo runs comcast and decides what is appropriate? Stalin? Mao tse tung? Kim jong il? If everything is censored, if it is against comcasts practices, then there is no real rrason for these forums except to make you think you are being heard. You may as well be clanginving your steel cup against your prison bars. No one really cares. Its all p. C. Mumbo jumbo to shut uz up. Oh yeah! Comcast, i want hbkgo on rokj. There! Ig stayed on topic.

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@DolorousDave wrote:

Hi, adding my voice here--just recently purchased a Roku only to find HBOGo is not supported via Comcast.  As someone who just switched from DISH hoping for a better experience, I can tell you with certainty that I'll be moving to AT&T faster than you can say "content restrictions are bad for business".

I switched from Dish to Comcast last October. I switched back to Dish from Comcast five weeks later. Got a new customer deal with the Hopper, paying less than half of the Comcast for year then it goes up to normal rates which are STILL less than Comcast -- and that has the everying pack with two Hoppers that are TRUE whole house DVRs.

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@vincent228 wrote:
I really gotta tell you. It seriously gets stuck in my craw that they continuously delete posts. Some of the words they consider inappropriate arent anywhere near cuss words. .

I found it beyond annoying that they would censor words in the forum here that could not be confused for profanity in any way, shape or form--but had no problem allowing vulgar program titles (and I do mean vulgar) to remain visible in my on-demand program guide where anyone with the remote could see them. With Dish I can not only "hide" the titles, I can completely hide the channels themselves.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here