sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

12 years ago

Other providers (such as Verizon) do support HBO GO on Roku.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

Contacted Comcast.  Seems there is an issue with negotiations btween COMCAST and ROKU.  They are working with on this.

Forever enslaved to COMCAST!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Comcast has allowed hbo go on the 360.. tried it out yesterday, the interface isn't great but it is indeed HBOgo

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

AND ! if you can watch HBOGO on the  Comcast internet, then why cant comcast provide HBOGO through their on demand ?

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

This is absolutely amazing. The discussion went from comcast not providing HBOGO on the roku to arguing with some guy who joked around about piracy, to getting stories on comcast not getting revenue, and most recently comcast negotiating with roku. the funny thing is every time i speak to comcast, they claim they have no say on what they provide. they blame the items like roku for not dealing with them. what a load ! I said it before, I will say it again. there is ZERO difference between Comcast and Cox cable. yet, 1 mile away over the town line, the cox providers are watching HBOGO on their roku boxes. SO WHAT IS THE TRUTH COMCAST ???!!!!  It seems that an awful lot of providers give customers channels and services, but comcast doesnt. and then comcast blames the providers for it. when in reality, if channels are dropping comcast, and roku is dropping comcast, then comcast has a very bad way of p-ssing everyone off, including theri customers. Stop p-ssing down my back and telling me its raining. You want the monthly payment (which seems to go up every time the wind blows) and dont want to provide anything else except their really cr-ppy "on-demand". BUT YET, you can watch all the things if you sit in front your 12" monitor on the internet THAT COMCAST PROVIDES !!!!!!  enough lies !!! lets get the truth !!!! 

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

I do not believe purchasing the Logitech Revenue Google TV box from Geeks.com for under a hundred bucks is the answer If you are looking for a streaming device solution. since we all know the box you spend $100 for today wont be upgradable and will not stream with any new formats in about 3 months. just the same way the WII provided a way to get on line with their internet channel, but cant be upgraded past a useless old version of the opera browser, that wont even let you look a youtube any longer.

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

At the end of the day, with Comcast's lack of providing for HBOGO over Roku, the end result is to devalue the HBO service for those subscribers who like this capability , against HBO service from say, Uverse, where it is permitted.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

Thats probably the best comment yet. in layman's terms : take your money for a service, and provide one half of what its capable of providing. Niiiiiiiiiice.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

12 years ago

ya know what, Comcast does not care.  They have many of us as a captive audience, they know this, and they just don't care.  They are not sensitive or responsive in any areas, as evidenced by the great number of customer complaints, arbitrary price increases, poorly designed apps, or limited device access. Until a universal customer response, such as happened to Netflix, they will keep the status quo.  However, technology will eventually win out, and they will try a knee jerk fix, but will have already lost.  

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I pay comcast over 300 bucks a mounth for two accounts and they wont give me app for hbogo, COMCast I hate you

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Very displeased with no support of this feature. Looks like we're getting ignored by admins too (unless I missed a post from them on here). It's just funny because this is the MOST replied thread on the forum too it looks like. Tried talking to customer support chat and it was a joke. Lady was named "Scarlet Faith" (generated name anyone?) and was completely useless. Was jumping around the issue trying to say that I was having issues with my Roku and they could not help me with my problem... Once I finally cornered her on the issue, she finally spat out the same excuse Comcast has been giving us for the past 6 months... "sorry, we do not currently support it and do not have any more information on the matter." Ridiculous. 

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

Its prolly the fact comcast wants tooo much control of how the roku works and roku wont give it up. However if HBO has signed off on it that should be enough..

The can CLAIM customer security isnt tight enough. I call BS..

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Another outrageous insult inflicted on paying customers _ no support for HBO GO on the Roku device by Comcast

After being transferred 10 times between departments ,and disconnected twice, I finally was told by a Tech assist rep  "No ,Comcast does not at this time support that " .

Each rep i spoke to was polite and reminded me about the Comcast Satisfaction Guarantee _ I am not very satisfied

In this service area both Dish and Verizon do support this device.

I will be moving soon > looks like I may be changing more than my address 😞

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Why don't we all just put our antennas back on the roof and let comcast go broke, 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Has anybody experienced not being able to access HBOGO through the ROKU player. I can add HBOGO to my xbox but not my ROKU player. I figure if we get enough requests to comcast/xfinity then they will add themselves as a TV service provider for the ROKU Streaming Player HBOGO programming. Please help get HBOGO for ROKU players.

Many Thanks,

Melody

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here