sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

@ComcastJoe wrote:

@KiloWattson wrote:

Oh hey. Comcast won't let you use HBOGo on the 360 as well.

Well that was the final straw. Cancelling today.

Xfinity has a new app for Xbox 360 that will allow customers to watch content through their Xbox 360.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
@TWITTER: @XfinityTVJoe

The Xfinity APP is same as the stuff on a normal cable box. Its too limited. The HBO GO app allows for all episodes of HBO Content. Xfinity Doesnt...

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

Its not like comcast / xfinity wont make any less money from the people paying for hbo from them. They will just be watching it through the roku. and since there is more available on hbo go, it may cause people to not cancel it through comcast. It makes no sense. who the heck wants to watch this on the internet ?
Id rather watch it on the 42" flat screen.   use your head comcast. you could lose a lot of customers.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

This is ridiculous! How is it I pay almost $20/month for HBO and I can't use my comcast/xfinity account to access HBOGO on my ROKU!!!!!?????!!!!! I travel and that is why I use the ROKU, IT's not like I can pick up my cable box and carry it around the country and still get service! I don't care if I have DVR, or ON DEMAND, I'd Like to watch it when I want to watch it, not have it piled up on my box for when I get home, because then I don't have time, I'm with my family and trying to make up for lost time! COMCAST YOU NEED TO MAKE IT AVAILABLE ON HBOGO!!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I'm very disappointed about this matter. I bought a Roku so I could watch Game of Thrones Season 1 with my family to catch up for Season 2... had no idea that Comcast wouldn't allow this. I could still watch it on my PC, sure, but my Roku's potential remains untapped thanks to Comcast.

It was a step in the right direction to bring the service to XBox. Please continue by bringing it to the Roku.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

MUST read for anyone following this post.  I mean a MUST read.

http://www.economist.com/node/21526314

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Unlike my laptop and Android phone (both of which can stream via HBO Go) the Roku (and the Xbox) work through TVs.  As does another device:  The cablebox.  That puts accessing content via a Roku in direct competition with using the On Demand via a cable box.  I'm sure Comcast would LOVE to block Netflix and Hulu and Vudu on the Roku as those services definitely eat into its On Demand revenue stream.  So the reticence to allow HBO Go on the Roku is not completely out of whack.  While browsing the HBO content via On Demand, you are far more likely to consider ordering paid content through Comcast.  If you can access HBO content through a Roku, especially using HBO Go, it would reduce the amount of time you spend browsing On Demand yes?

That is most likely Comcast's motivation.  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.6K Messages

12 years ago

@vincent228 wrote:
Sorry, but I will dissagree with you there. Xfinitys on demand is totally void of anything current or good. Even the hbo on demand has movies on there from the 1970s. And lets face it. Unless you are a total recluse, you wouldnt spend the rediculous money they charge (i have seen some as high as $8) for a movie from on demand, when you can travel to the closest redbox or blockbuster kiosk for $1 a night. Since comcast went to xfinity they have taken a giant leap backwards in customer services. I remember when a show that was aired yesterday would be on demand today. Now some of my favorite shows are a month behind, and i wont even mention the channels they took off of on demand (like bbc america, one of my favorites) . If xfinity hbo on demand had the same content as hbo go this conversation wouldnt even be happening. Instead, xfinity doenst only water it down, they dry it up. I dont buy the lost revenue stuff.

Whatever is available via On Demand has nothing to do with Comcast. The networks decide what is released for On Demand and when it is released.  I do agree with you that there is an over abundance of old movies-not just on HBO but also on the other premium channels.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

Sorry, but I will dissagree with you there. Xfinitys on demand is totally void of anything current or good. Even the hbo on demand has movies on there from the 1970s. And lets face it. Unless you are a total recluse, you wouldnt spend the rediculous money they charge (i have seen some as high as $8) for a movie from on demand, when you can travel to the closest redbox or blockbuster kiosk for $1 a night. Since comcast went to xfinity they have taken a giant leap backwards in customer services. I remember when a show that was aired yesterday would be on demand today. Now some of my favorite shows are a month behind, and i wont even mention the channels they took off of on demand (like bbc america, one of my favorites) . If xfinity hbo on demand had the same content as hbo go this conversation wouldnt even be happening. Instead, xfinity doenst only water it down, they dry it up. I dont buy the lost revenue stuff.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

then the comment previously made regarding "comcast losing revenue from allowing HBO GO to be on the roku, instead of watching the limited content provided to xfinitys On Demand" is not true ? and if that is not true, what is the reason comcast/xfinity will not allow roku to stream hbo go through comcast? Comcast still gets paid each month for my HBO service. What stops comcast from allowing it, if it doesnt affect revenue ? especially since the cable provider one town over (cox) does allow the roku to stream HBO Go. Is it any wonder that u-verse from ATT has taken such a strong hold lately ? I appreciate your spokesmanship for comcast. But no one on this forum understands why comcast/xfinity is not allowing the streaming , when so many others are.   

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

And now XBOX is allowed to use the HBOGO app not just the Xfinity APP

Come on Comcast one down just two to go ROKU and SMARTV

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Add my name to this list of angry customers! 

I am paying for HBO and xfinity high speed service I should be able to see watch this through all our devices. We have a roku in the art studio and my fiancee would love to watch game of thrones in the background. This is ridiculous Comcast fix this fast or we are switching.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

About a week ago, I canceled my HBO and scaled down my television package through Comcast. I bought someone I knew with ATT Uverse HBO and worked out a deal with them, and now I'm enjoying GO on Roku.

So don't believe that it is just a targeted business decision. They are losing subscribers for their myopia. I'm one of them. If you don't give people what they want, they will find a way to get it anyway.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

what a great point. I pay comcast for cable, phone and internet. if i am streaming my netflix and roku through comcasts internet, WHAT ARE THEY LOSING ??? !!!!  with the exception of customers of course.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

i have e enjoyed hbo go so much on my phone that i bought a roku. was i upset. i did see i could get it if i had verizon. it will be my next move. i have 2 homes with triple play. paying close to 500 a month. they lose.

Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

12 years ago

The following is a list of television providers that have authorized HBO GO on Roku:

• ATT U-verse
  • Bend Broadband
  • Blue Ridge Communications
  • Charter
  • Cox
  • Dish Network
  • Grande Communications
  • HTC Digital Cable
  • Massillon Cable/Clear Picture
  • Mediacom
  • Midcontinent Communications
  • Optimum