sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

13 years ago

I sent an email to Comcast corporate communications requesting HBogo on Roku and received this extremely unsatisfactory reply:

"Every day we're working to make XfinityTV programming available to our customers in more ways including the Xbox, connected TVs, on websites like XfinityTV and HBOGo, on tablets and other devices. Today, all HBO content is available onXfinityTV.com and through the XfinityTV app. We will continue to work with our partners to deliver even more choices to our customers in more places. 

William Gerth
Comcast Corporate Office
1701 JFK Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19103"

Comcast had better wake up and stop giving cut-and-paste responses to concernced customers. There are other options out there.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

13 years ago

Yep, they want you to use their equipment, Tivos only work because congress made the cable industry use cable cards. 

I will drop HBO next week but giving them till early next year before I switch to AT&T...

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

I hear ya,  if they refuse to allow it on the Roku, then Verizon Fios here I come.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

ROKU recently added HBO GO to their available streaming services.  Will Comcast be supporting HBO GO over the ROKU streaming player?  If so, when?  

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks,  It's nice to know our voices are being heard.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

13 years ago

Yea, too bad its the same response (word for word less HBO part) that was posted in message 98....

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

The ability to access HBO On content can affect their On Demand revenues. Let's say that you really want to see Scott Pilgrim. It is on HBO this month but not in HBO On Demand. You could DVR it tomorrow but you want to see it now. One option would be to rent it from Comcast. By eliminating Roku they have eliminated competition.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

13 years ago

Well they do not get any OnDemand revenue from me because I have a Tivo and they will be losing the roughly $18 I pay for HBO starting next week and the remaing $140 I pay them in March unless they add it....

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

I disagree, I think the powers to be know very well who and what the Roku is.  When Video streaming devices are increasingly becoming more and more popular, "cable cord cutters" are also on the rise.  with Roku being one of the best selling video streamers and one of the best reviewed,  I would be shocked to think the higher ups on Comcast wouldn't know who  the "enemy" is.    So by offering services they would feel like they are feeding the dog that will bite them.

but what I think they fail to grasp is the fact you need an HBO subscription to view HBOGo and this only reinforces people to stay with your cable provider in order to keep recieving this premium service. 

This line of thinking is what is troubling me.   

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

13 years ago

Actually, you are wrong. HBO GO contains many of the movies that are currently available on HBO. It is not just HBO content. That said, Comcast's form letter is incorrect. Xfinity OnDemand does NOT contain ALL of the HBO content, just a few episodes of series and a few of the movies. That is why HBO GO is so great right now.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

I'm confident Comcast made this decision very deliberately. They offer HBO Go access on any other device it's offered except Roku. I would guess Roku just hits a little too close to the bread and butter of The Cable Box. But you better be careful, this is the kind of thing that makes your customers HATE you.

I came home the day I heard about HBO Go on Roku and told my wife, we were both really excited. I go through install and setup and only then see that Comcast wasn't on the support list. I was infuriated. And guess what, I HATE you for it. It's a huge kick in the teeth. At least there was a nice list of competitors right there on the screen willing to serve me.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

13 years ago

I agree and only if DirecTV was on the list, I would dump my comcast today over this.  Dish doesn't compare to DTV so too bad for me.  I have the most expensive triple play package availible, after taxes around $250 a month and I have this only because my wife wants the on-demand and anyroom dvr options.  Dish has a terrible selection of HD and feature set, but they are trying to get better.  If I was rolling in the dough, I would sign up for a one room Dish Network with HBO setup just to get this working.

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

13 years ago

I agree.  HBO GO offers a much wider set of programming than HBO on Demand and can actually be watched on a full-size television screen.  Comcast is the only provider offering HBO GO on iPhones, iPads and Android devices that does not offer HBO GO on a Roku.

I have sent several messages to customer care, but the responses I get are meant for customers asking for new cable channels on Comcast.  In fact, I don't think that the customer care folks even know what a Roku is!

Steve S

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Quit dragging your feet, ComCast!

Allow your subscribers to get the access they want, HBOGo on ROKU

Either provide the service your customers want

or you will lose out to those that do!!

(remember what happened to Netflix when they alienated their consumer
base).Man Mad

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

13 years ago

Some people have multiple tvs. Also have you used the on demand menu. It is insanely slow and non user friendly. Hbo go is a superior experience and all they have to do is NOT block it.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here