sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

I have sent in my complaint to channel line up today.  I also sent on yesterday to the general email repsonse.  Hopefully they can work this out.  I am not ready to spend $300.00 on an x-box plus additional fees for x-box live for something I should already have access to.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Why is comcast blocking access to HBO GO on Roku devices? I'm think about cancelling comcast just for this reason alone.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

call email and complain 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

@rog286713 wrote:

the only thing the app would do is provide you on demand type programming, which you should have with your regular cable box, what exactly would you like the app to be on roku that you can't already do with your cable box.?

The reason I would like it is I use a TIVO box not the comcast box (TIVO has a MUCH better interface and the Comcast DVR I had would just stop working and required reboots at least every other day - but I digress!Smiley Wink), so the only way I can get on-demand programming is through my computer.  So, yes the Roku service would be awesome!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

This is really annoying. It is another time that Comcast is greedy for no reason and to their own detrement. There is someone at Comcast who believes that people will keep more cable boxes if they don't offer this service (and many others). What they don't understand is those of us without cable boxes will never get them. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

I know, right? Me too.

We pay for HBO... why should they care how we watch it?? 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Yeah, I'd like HBO GO on Roku too!! There is no reason why we shouldn't have it.

I mean, why make us sit in front of a computer to see it? Or hook up a laptop to the tv to see it? Just dumb.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

I too was disappointed that Comcast is trying to controll access technology. I already have a cable box that stutters, doesn't work reliably, and has to be rebooted every day or two. And that costs me $100/month. The Roku hasn't been rebooted since I bought it, works great, doesn't stutter. Oh, and it also is the size of a cell phone and doesn't get hot enough to toast marshmallows.

To me, this is like a city that has bus service charging me road tax and then telling me I have to take the bus. Bad move Comcast.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I agree with many of the other comments on this subject of HBO2GO on Roku.  What is Comcast Xfinity AFRAID OF???  You would think with all the money we pay particularly if we're bundled with Comcast's phone, internet and TV at almost $180.00 per month; that they would want to offer as many services to the customers and be the best of the best!

I am really ticked to not get HBO2Go on my Roku which now includes audio/subtitles for the hard of hearing. 

I will wait for awhile to see what Comcast Xfinity is going to come up with but this is a big issue for us to get programs, past series (Boardwalk Empire), and other shows not available on the Comcast Xfinity HBO lineup.  I suppose I can hook my computer up directly to my TV and get the Roku HBO2Go program but what a shame that Comcast would subject their customers to that!!  My husband and I (retired) like to watch TV together, not separately on our computers.  Come on Comcast......be a leader not a follower!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

I ordered HBO for one reason only, to catch-up with and watch shows like Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire. Now I find that because ComCast dosen't use HBO2GO, the only way to watch the past epasiodes is to sit infront of my computer.

What's wrong with you guys? Get your act together and allow us to use the services necessary to enjoy the programs we pay to see!!! 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I also wanted to add my displeasure with Comcast for not allowing HBOGO via Roku.  Indeed, this has me reviewing other carriers.  I encourage others to find an alternative cable and internet carrier if this isn't resolved.  This is poor decision making by Comcast. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

That Comcast does not support HBO Go on the Roku is a joke. You can use HBO Go already on various platform's, but the same service is not available on another? This is ridiculous. This kind of behaviour should be illegal.

As it appears there are no licensing issues involved when Comcast made the decision to not support HBO Go on the Roku (see link to article below):

"Furthermore, there’s no contractual reason Comcast or DirecTV users can’t access the Roku app. A person with knowledge of the situation told us there are no amendments needed for those companies to authenticate with one device or another, and the decision to support different devices — or not — is up to the operator"

If the following article can be believed Comcast is trying to push its own crappy app to XBox and other settop box like platforms: http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/gigaom/articles/video_hbo_go_for_roku_comcast_directv.html

Well, then suddenly it makes sense that you dont' want your subscribers to use a competitor product, because you wouldn't be able to sell yours when it is being released. If the above article is right, then we as Comcast subscribers won't see HBO Go on any device that you can hook up to a TV. Isn't that awesome!?

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

I think this says a lot about how little regard Comcast has for their customers. I hate how reluctant they are to support more choices on more platforms

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

I am just as angry as everyone that Comcast decided not to support HBO GO, making me about 40% more likely to jump to another carrier. I love my Roku box, I wish I could say the same for Comcast

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I agree.  I prefer to watch Infinity content on my tv.  My Roku box is the best way to do that.  Bring it on NOW!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here