navy_runner's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Monday, June 8th, 2020 5:00 AM

Closed

No network channels on streaming service.

All of my network channels have disappeared from my streaming service.  The only thing left is the music channels and home shopping (who wants that, anyway?).  It's been like this for almost 24 hours. Impossible to reach customer service.  Very unhappy.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I had the same thing happe. Everything was working fine on Memorial Day, the next morning only a handful of channels. Five nights on the phone with Xfinity and no solutiuon. Almost all my channels say unavailable for streaming at this time.  This is occuring on four ROKU devices, an iphone, an android phone, and my laptop. Xfinity told me to wait approximately 7 days before calling back because Engineering is working on the problem. The previous open work ticket has been marked as closed. Such a run around. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@navy_runner wrote:

All of my network channels have disappeared from my streaming service.  The only thing left is the music channels and home shopping (who wants that, anyway?).  It's been like this for almost 24 hours. Impossible to reach customer service.  Very unhappy.

do you still have at least one working X1 set top box installed in your home?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Hmmm...sounds like I may have to dump this and go back to Dish.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I don't have any cable boxes. I haven't for over 2 years. Just the streaming service...which I pay good money to have, and which no longer works except for garbage channels.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@navy_runner wrote:
I don't have any cable boxes. I haven't for over 2 years. Just the streaming service...which I pay good money to have, and which no longer works except for garbage channels.

do the channels show up and work normally on a smart phone/tablet? (you posted in website).

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I posted about my same problem. I took one posters advice and call Xfinity yesterday at 8:45AM. When I asked tha agent to transfer me to the app techs, she told me she had to go throught the protocals of rebooting the modem, testing the signal, looking for reorted outages, etc, before she could transfer my call. See then informed me no one was currently answering but she created a ticket and told me someone would return my call. At 3:00PM I called again told the agent that i needed someone to "reprovision my streaming device entitlements", as indicated on this formal. I was transferred to a second level tech who couldn't help but transferred me to a third level tech who could see the streaming channels I was receiving and saw that all the channels I was no longer seeing were all marked unavailable for streaming. He noted that there were no changes to the account, told me he was going to contact the billing department and for me to saty on the line. He returned a few minutes later saying the billing department had no idea why we were not receiving all of the channels. The tech indicated that the problem was with my account and that he was transferring to another department which would revise my account.  He also told me he would call me back in an hour or two to see in f the streaming problem was resolved.The agent that I was transferred to asked me if i wanted to make any changes to my current programming and I told him no, just wanted streaming channels restored. He told me that he couldn't help and that he would transfer me to a tech that could help. When I asked to be transferred to the third level tech Ferdinand, who understood the problem he told me he could not. Incredibly I was transferred back to the same level of support as I had started out the day with. While sitting on hold for 45 minutes. I decided to call the same number on my other phone. An agent picked up almost immediately, After running through the events of the day with this agent, a miracle happened. It was Ferdinand doing exactly what he said he was going to do, callme back to see if the problem was resolved. I explained what happened, and he placed me on hold, brought an acoount agent on the phone and the streaming problem was solved. It seems that my two year old account that was grandfathered was based on a package that Xfinity no longer offers, but doesn't allow for me to get all the streaming channels. We changed thae account to the new package (no programming changes) and incredibly it is $16 cheaper for the next two years than I am currently paying. One hour later? I have all of my channels streaming. 

So to sum up it never was a technical problem with the streaming app itself. It was a problem with the account configuration. Hopefully this might help others that are experiencing a similar problem

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here