mjross2037's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, September 17th, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

New Xfinity TV Customer - TVAPP-00500 error message "plan doesn't include any channels"

I have been an Xfinity internet customer for a year.  We have the gigabit service. I called to inquire about TV service and was told I didn't even need to have a technician come out to set things up. I just had to download an app.  I downloaded the app on my Roku TV and am getting the TVAPP-00500 error message stating that my plan doesn't include any channels.  I can watch what seems to be live television on my laptop via the Xfinity website and on my phone via the Xfinity stream app.   I reset my internet router and signed out and signed back in and it still doesn't work. Do I need an activiation code?  When I clicked "having trouble" at one point after signing in online, it asked for one.  I tried calling Comcast, and after being on hold, I reached someone with screaming kids in the background. She then put me on hold again, and I gave up after getting put on hold for 10 minutes.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

UPDATE:  Comcast has submitted a "ticket" for this to be reviewed by another department. (Hopefully one that doesn't ask if my TV is "technicolor")  I think it's a Comcast issue, not a Roku issue, as I can watch live TV on the website, but not the full list of channels in my preferred TV package.  And after I log in, the website even says, "Start watching now! Enjoy a popular selection of live sports, news, and On Demand before your Xfinity products are set up."  This tells me that their systems don't recognize that I should have access to a TV package, even though I received the email confirmation yesterday and the customer service rep. swore up and down that wasn't the issue.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

SECOND UPDATE.  It's Friday night / Saturday morning and no word from Comcast.  Reviewing my confirmation email, it shows four stages - start, confirm, prepare and activate.  CONFIRM is highlighted.  What the heck needs to happen to get to ACTIVATE? They just need to flip a switch! The app has been downloaded on my Roku TV and is ready to go.  Also, I saw "pending order" somewhere on the Xfinity website.  What's pending?  I've been paying them for Gigabit speed and a home alarm for over a year now.  Someone tell your system that I'm paying for television service!

HELP!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

We too are having the same issue, we were able to download the APP straight to the TV without the Roku and got that message so we bought the Roku to be sure that wasn't the issue. We can watch Netflix all day from my account I had before it was suppose to be offered free now with the service we get. Still have that and it works FINE along with YouTube and everything else! Yet they are trying to tell me it is an internet issue and twice now they are totally messed my internet and phone up messing with stuff that they don't know what they are doing with! Our service went from Analog to Digital on the 27th of August and they gave everyone new account numbers, I found that I couldnt make any plan changes or purchases or anything because on the new account number I was only listed as a manager and not an account owner any longer. It was keeping my services from activating and you will get 1 out of 100 employees (and I wish I was kidding when I say that) that knows what they are doing to fix anything! Took me 3 weeks with NO SERVICE and Tech after Tech after Tech all this week to tell me its nothing the Techs can do its on the back side in the office to fix! YET... i am now scheduled for ANOTHER Tech to come out on Monday! We have had them in our home all 5 days this week and most of the days in the 2 weeks prior! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE and I am now waiting for Century Link to come out to port my phone number and internet back to them! They stink too but at least I had service!

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

PROBLEM SOLVED.  I made an appointment at my local Xfinity store this morning and went in.  In under two minutes, they'd pushed my order from "confirmed" to "activated" and said my TV service should be working now (it is).  My question is, why did I spend hours on hold to talk to three different call center reps over several days and why could none of them fix my problem in under two minutes?  UNREAL.  I know Comcast has a reputation for terrible customer service, but they've proven it to me before I even was able to get my service activated!  That's impressive.  I guess I know what I'll be doing if I have any issues in the future - going into my local Xfinity store rather than wasting time calling Comcast's toll-free "customer service" line. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

In December, as a new customer, I am having the same issue. I signed up Dec 27, have been watching on Roku. Today, I get this issue, except I’m told it’s a router issue and they need to send out a technician.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

@Vyv1037 wrote:
In December, as a new customer, I am having the same issue. I signed up Dec 27, have been watching on Roku. Today, I get this issue, except I’m told it’s a router issue and they need to send out a technician.

power unplug your gateway/modem for 5 minutes. after it comes back up remove the Xfinity app on the roku and power unplug it for 3 minutes. reinstall the Xfinity stream channel and be sure to accept the terms and conditions.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here