Ryanbigbed's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, August 15th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Local (ABC, NBC, CBS) channels gone from streaming app

yesterday the local network channels disappeared from the xfinity stream app. May be others gone, not sure. Not a device issue since same on two different smart TVs, a roku stick, mobike phone and ipad. Wasted 90 minutes on chat with xfinity tech support this AM since yesterdat they saud no agents were available. No change. They opened a ticket. Anyone else have this issue ?

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Yes lost ME tv on Tuesday.  Similar result ,wasted 3 hours with customer service. Said they put in ticket to fix within 36 to 48.  No resolution 4 days later.  Bogus answer I expect, just to pander to me at the time. Unacceptible!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I found that on mobile device, there os a new set of channels calked TOGO. Yhe missing network channels apiear there as well as redundant versions of other channels. However the togo versions do not appear in the stream app on smart TV or roku. So xfinity is definitely messing with the app (messing up the app) either a bug or their way of again nickel and diming customers to spend more on equipment. But the have not disclosed this and advertise I shoukd be able to stream sllthe chanbels in my oackagt that I pay for as long ads on my xfinity network which I also pay for so this is a breach of that and needs to be fixed. In the mean time I will shop the competition since I have not gotten the promised call so they arr blowing me off. Me neigjbod cut the cord so I am going to see how thats working.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Ryanbigbed wrote:
I found that on mobile device, there os a new set of channels calked TOGO. Yhe missing network channels apiear there as well as redundant versions of other channels. However the togo versions do not appear in the stream app on smart TV or roku. So xfinity is definitely messing with the app (messing up the app) either a bug or their way of again nickel and diming customers to spend more on equipment. But the have not disclosed this and advertise I shoukd be able to stream sllthe chanbels in my oackagt that I pay for as long ads on my xfinity network which I also pay for so this is a breach of that and needs to be fixed. In the mean time I will shop the competition since I have not gotten the promised call so they arr blowing me off. Me neigjbod cut the cord so I am going to see how thats working.

the beta app is restricted to non-cap counted data. TVgo channels/on-demand count toward cap-data so are not shown. desk/laptop and smart device can see them.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Tha channels magically returned so looks like they fixed the bug

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Having the same issue only mine started with the local channels and then went to all the channels. I have had no channels at all for a few days now have put in multiple tickets and problem still isn't fixed

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Brunellepamela wrote:
Having the same issue only mine started with the local channels and then went to all the channels. I have had no channels at all for a few days now have put in multiple tickets and problem still isn't fixed

use the Xfinity stream TV app on a smart phone/tablet. channels work on that device(s)? do you have a working and installed x1 set top box in your home? are the devices connected to your own home wifi SSID?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I REFUSE to use Xfinity chat! I never get any help. And I know several other people who have the same issue with xfinity chat. Next time on the chat say AGENT and then select for what and then agent again, then I will give u the option for “request a call back” select that! U will get a customer service rep that is in a completely different customer service office and they are amazing. 
I also can not get ABC was told by agent ABC isn’t a available on xfinity stream right now. I’m watching it closely and if it doesn’t show up soon I’ll cancel my xfinity stream. I only ordered it for ABC anyways. Sadly xfinity seems to be struggling more and more over the last 2 years. I’m about to just cancel xfinity all together. Came across ur post searching the same issue for ABC

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here