Community Forum

How to DOWNLOAD & Watch a Movie for OFFLINE ?

Regular Contributor

How to DOWNLOAD & Watch a Movie for OFFLINE ?

I'm confused on how to do this - or if even possible. This is not about TV GO (I think)

We are in a location whereby the Power company will be turning off POWER due to possible fires. I'd like to Download a MOVIE or SHOW(S) to my Windows LAPTOP to be able to watch them later while no Power for TV.

Is this possible? How do I do that?  Thanks in advance.

Expert

Re: How to DOWNLOAD & Watch a Movie for OFFLINE ?

@Cody21 wrote:

I'm confused on how to do this - or if even possible. This is not about TV GO (I think)

We are in a location whereby the Power company will be turning off POWER due to possible fires. I'd like to Download a MOVIE or SHOW(S) to my Windows LAPTOP to be able to watch them later while no Power for TV.

do you have DVR service so you can record and then download completed recordings?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@Cody21 wrote:

do you have DVR service so you can record and then download completed recordings?

Yes ... But when I go into the XFINITY TV and click on SAVED Recordings, I see the recordings. I don't see any option to "DOWNLOAD" for Offline viewing. I can only seem to Watch while Internet connected ...

Diamond Problem Solver

You can only download to a mobile device, not to a PC or laptop

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

.. and to be clear - I'm talking about Downloading to my LAPTOP ... not Phone (via the Xfinity APP).

Regular Contributor

@CCAndrew wrote:
You can only download to a mobile device

Well that's too bad ...    :-(

Expert

@Cody21 wrote:

@CCAndrew wrote:
You can only download to a mobile device

Well that's too bad ...    :-(

I've moved this entire thread to the streaming website area of the forum.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver