Community Forum

Hacked

Highlighted
New Poster

Hacked

I believe my TV is being hacked I can hear other people speaking through it. In a loud ringing throughout the house. And I know it is coming from the TV cuz I can hear the people and I know where they are and Staunton Virginia briarwood to subdivision
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Hacked

@Jerry41 wrote:
I believe my TV is being hacked I can hear other people speaking through it. In a loud ringing throughout the house. And I know it is coming from the TV cuz I can hear the people and I know where they are and Staunton Virginia briarwood to subdivision

Do you own a smart television?

Do you have the virus protection turned on?

A regular television cannot be "hacked".

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Reset your TV
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi there, Jerry41. Sometimes, if you have a smart TV, people can connect chromecast devices someones, but usually, that needs to be approved on your side. Were you able to fix it? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!