ScratchMonkey's profile

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

Tuesday, June 23rd, 2020 6:00 AM

Closed

Flex remote features

I started watching The Expanse from Amazon Prime on my new Flex box last night. I'm used to having an "instant playback" button on my TiVo and DirecTV remotes that jumps back a few seconds, for when I miss a line of dialog. Does the Flex remote have this? I don't see an obvious button for it.

Is there a guide online to reveal all the features of the remote? (I don't need a printed copy. A link is fine.)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@ScratchMonkey wrote:

I started watching The Expanse from Amazon Prime on my new Flex box last night. I'm used to having an "instant playback" button on my TiVo and DirecTV remotes that jumps back a few seconds, for when I miss a line of dialog. Does the Flex remote have this? I don't see an obvious button for it.

Is there a guide online to reveal all the features of the remote? (I don't need a printed copy. A link is fine.)

you hit rewind and watch for how many seconds you want to rewind or hit pause and then rewind. hold down to keep the backward direction longer or tap rewind to move in increments. 

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

4 years ago

Aha! So the rewind button is a hold-to-activate and rewinds only when the button is held down? 

Also, what are tiny "corner buttons" for, around the central arrow buttons? Do they do anything interesting? 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@ScratchMonkey wrote:

Aha! So the rewind button is a hold-to-activate and rewinds only when the button is held down? 

Also, what are tiny "corner buttons" for, around the central arrow buttons? Do they do anything interesting? 

most often they are used while in an app for navigation (up/down and left rigth and center 'seletc')

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

4 years ago

Ok, so I need to find Prime's app documentation somewhere. 

The buttons I mentioned are the tiny dots between the up/down and left/right arrows. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here