JS136's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, October 12th, 2019 7:00 AM

Closed

Error ftde.cima-pil.activation-code-timeout

We keep getting this error (Error ftde.cima-pil.activation-code-timeout)

when trying to watch anything on our xfinity account. We also are unable to DVR anything on on our boxes. When we click on "View My Bill" it comes up to a screen that says "Thanks for your purchase, James! We're getting your account set up. Check back soon to track and activate your services." We have had our new boxes connected to our tvs for over a month now. What is going on with this account?!? I am about ready to just cancel and go to Direct TV!!!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@JS136 wrote:

We keep getting this error (Error ftde.cima-pil.activation-code-timeout)

when trying to watch anything on our xfinity account. We also are unable to DVR anything on on our boxes. When we click on "View My Bill" it comes up to a screen that says "Thanks for your purchase, James! We're getting your account set up. Check back soon to track and activate your services." We have had our new boxes connected to our tvs for over a month now. What is going on with this account?!? I am about ready to just cancel and go to Direct TV!!!!

you are posting this in the streaming website so to verify are you using a desk/laptop that has an operating sytem of up-to-date windows 10 and using the chrome browser with flash enabled?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for your reply. Yes, Windows 10 that is currently up to date and using a Chrome browser with flash player still enabled. This same issue has been happening since day 1 and we can't get anyone over the phone who is able to fix it.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

sign in to the xfinity.com web site (not streaming) to access your account. select users. add a new unrestricted user and use that username/password to sign in to do the streaming. did it work?

Frequent Visitor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

Hey there... I"m getting the exact same error. I'm not able to get past this screen after logging in online (chrome & ie). None of the Apps for xfinity function either on my iphone. They all allow me to log in but then throw errors such as oauth errors, activation code errors, communication error, etc. and when I try to get to the account settings or other links online once logged in... I get an error and redirected to the screen below.  You recommend creating a new user that isn't restricted... but I can't even get to the account settings / administration portion of the site. There seems to be a systems integration issue of the user account authorized services.

Capture.JPG

Frequent Visitor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

Yes I did but when I click on the xfinity site the option for user menu is only a split second. If I click quickly I can click on the dropdown "users" but then an error screen displays "Sorry, This Isn't Working Right Now" please return to My Account Overview while we resolve the issue. 

I'm trying all links I can click once logged in and I'm getting a variety of different errors. I cleard all browser data, cookies, certificates, etc. I noticed the URL on the page stating welcome we're getting your account setup is "https://customer.xfinity.com/#/no-account

My account is setup since I can log in but the validation/authorization APIs are failing so somewhere the account number, authentication, or authorization APIs are not interacting correctly.

Capture-Users Link.JPGthe error message pops up stating.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@jonathan_homer wrote:

Hey there... I"m getting the exact same error. I'm not able to get past this screen after logging in online (chrome & ie). None of the Apps for xfinity function either on my iphone. They all allow me to log in but then throw errors such as oauth errors, activation code errors, communication error, etc. and when I try to get to the account settings or other links online once logged in... I get an error and redirected to the screen below.  You recommend creating a new user that isn't restricted... but I can't even get to the account settings / administration portion of the site. There seems to be a systems integration issue of the user account authorized services.

no image shown (not yet approved). did you read and try the information in the post just before your post? (by me)

Frequent Visitor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

When I click on the settings menu I get the following error

Capture-quickclick settings.JPG

Frequent Visitor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

I try to go to online chat support and can't get past the auto support who is confused as to what to do. Can't get to a real person.

Capture-chat-error.JPG

Frequent Visitor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

when I click on the users menu I get the following error screen

Capture-Users Link.JPG

Frequent Visitor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

when I click on the devices menu I get the following but can't click on any menu options because they all give me an error screen. 

Capture-quickclick devices.JPG

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@jonathan_homer wrote:

Yes I did but when I click on the xfinity site the option for user menu is only a split second. If I click quickly I can click on the dropdown "users" but then an error screen displays "Sorry, This Isn't Working Right Now" please return to My Account Overview while we resolve the issue. 

I'm trying all links I can click once logged in and I'm getting a variety of different errors. I cleard all browser data, cookies, certificates, etc. I noticed the URL on the page stating welcome we're getting your account setup is "https://customer.xfinity.com/#/no-account

My account is setup since I can log in but the validation/authorization APIs are failing so somewhere the account number, authentication, or authorization APIs are not interacting correctly.

Capture-Users Link.JPGthe error message pops up stating.

the images on your later posts have not been approved yet but it looks like you posted 3 duplicate replies to this thread. you can log in and remove the duplicates and edit if you like. you will need to call 800-comcast and select billing and let the agent figure out what all has to be fixed on your account. the username you are using appears not to be attached to any active address/account or it is a restricted account.

Frequent Visitor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

Not duplicates... I get different error screens based on the links I click. I can authenticate online and via the apps but the authorization of those features seems to be out of sync or my account is not associated with my user ID. I'll try calling because I think that is the only solution to these troubling errors.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Jonathan,

We get all of the same error screens as you. We have called many times but have been unable to find anyone able to figure out the issue and correct it. I am at my wits end with all of it and ready to switch back to DirectTV. Have you had any success with your account, and if so, what did they have to do to fix it?

Thanks!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here