Micky3's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, January 14th, 2020 3:00 PM

Closed

Default Player error while streaming - Ghostery extension

Attached please find 2 screenshots showing the TV.Xfinity.com diagnostics.

I am using the Chrome Browser which stopped supporting Adobe Flash Player beginning in 2020.  I'm not sure that is relevant.  I can stream without out error the LIVE TV.  The error occurs when I try to stream Below Deck S2E5.

While writing this, I decided to set my Ghostery extension to "Trust Site".  That fixed this problem.

I posted this in case it helps others.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for your reply.  Earlier, I replied to my own post explaining that setting Ghostery to "Trust Site" fixed the error.  I posted that for anyone else with the same problem.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

I forgot to post the diagnostics.  Here they are:

Xfinity playback error 1 of 2.pngXfinity playback error 2 of 2.png

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Micky3 wrote:

Attached please find 2 screenshots showing the TV.Xfinity.com diagnostics.

I am using the Chrome Browser which stopped supporting Adobe Flash Player beginning in 2020.  I'm not sure that is relevant.  I can stream without out error the LIVE TV.  The error occurs when I try to stream Below Deck S2E5.

While writing this, I decided to set my Ghostery extension to "Trust Site".  That fixed this problem.

I posted this in case it helps others.

flash is still needed and supported for the stream website and chrome provides that via a drop-down menu from the icon to the left of the address (in the address bar). the support for flash ends at the end of 2020 not the beginning.  The images you posted won't be visible until reviewed by a comcast employee probably sometime tomorrow. I started watching season 2 ep 5 in HD, SD, and TVgo all played fine. are you running Chrome Version 79.0.3945.117  ? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

I am running the Chrome version you specified.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Micky3 wrote:

I am running the Chrome version you specified.

try turning off off your extenstions? do you have any kind of screen mirroring on the output?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here