frankmorgan's profile

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, May 8th, 2019 11:00 AM

Closed

DVR lost all recordings and still deleting new ones

On or about April 4th, there were continuous unplanned outages in my area.  as a result, more than 175 recordings disappeared from my DVR.  On or about April 5th it started recording more new programs, but then began to delete them.  My account indicates that the DVR is full, even though my DVR tells me that it is now only 20% full.  As a consequence, the DVR believes that its full and is being told to delete programs in order to make room for the new ones.  I have talked until I'm blue in the face with tier 1 and 3 support techs and am being told that the engineeing department is on it and that I shoud patiently wait until I hear from them that the problem is resolved.  IT HAS BEEN 5 WEEKS SINCE THE OUTAGES!  Can someone explain why the engineering department of Comcast seems to be so totally incompitent and the customer service department has no sense of urgency?  Thanks

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

There is another thread related to this subject:  DVR reordings being deleted

I am having the same problem.  I was told it was a national issue and they are going to be rolling out an update.  But, in that thread at no point have they offered to provide account credits or refunds on DVR rental fees.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

It has been six weeks now and I have heard nothing from their engineering department concerning any progress on my issue.  I'll let you know when or if I hear anything.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have had this problem 3 times since 1/2019.  Last Wednesday only 4 programs remained and those were gone today, 5 days later.  I was looking at a previuos thread that looked like a fix came out in June.  I can barely figure out how to post on this forum.  Is there something I have to do to get the fix? In a prevous thread there was an employee, Comcastche, that looked like might be trying to help, but I can't seem to send her a private message like requested from people.  As with most things dealing with customer service and technology, this whole issue is frustrating!  Has anyone gotten the deleted recordings resolved?

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

If I recall, you have to be signed in to send a message to the Comcast employee.

I was not able to get deleted shows restored but it isn’t deleting them anymore.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

All of my recordings were lost, but it finally stopped deleting the new ones.  I received an email from Customer Service saying that my problem had been resolved, but no mention of how I can get the old ones back.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here