raycurras's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 17th, 2019 3:00 PM

Closed

slow remote response...

hi...two weeks ago, I have been experiencing extremely slow reponse from my control...the only solution so far is power cycling the xfinity "box", then all becomes normal again...but again the same happens at the next day...can someone help?...thanks...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, many actions do require remote server response, and bad upstream connectivity would cause problems with that.   However many people posting here say that rebooting/refreshing their set top box fixes it temporarily - and I've experienced that for a period myself, although I have not had the problem recently.    That part doesn't make much sense unless it is somehow software-related or the connectivity improves with a reset.

Regular Visitor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

Again....why was my satellite service instantaneous.

Contributor

• 

284 Messages

4 years ago

Since this issue has been going on since July I started to think about how to better define when the slow downs are happening so this week I started to keep a log, I am in the Eastern time zone so what I am seeing might be different for other time zone.  Here is what I am seeing so far:  I am up early so before 6 AM not seeing an issue from about 7-9 am intermittent slow response.  After that have not yet noticed slow response until around 3 PM then it seems to start up and went on until around 10 PM.  I have not monitored a weekend but will be this coming weekend.

I was told by the comcast that the node in my area was overloaded and it was suppose to be upgrade, not sure if it has ever been.  So based on my early findings I have a feeling it might be node/load related.  Has anyone else recorded the time of day that you are seeing the slow response?  I would just like to see the issue resolved as it is very annoying.  I think comcast needs to put The Kiss Principle into practice.  The KISS principle states that most systems work best if they are kept simple rather than made complicated; therefore, simplicity should be a key goal in design, and unnecessary complexity should be avoided.

Regular Visitor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

That made zero sense

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

4 years ago

@jakatak wrote:
Again....why was my satellite service instantaneous.

Satellite services require everything the remote can do to be local.  Did it, for example, offer good voice recogition?  A large assortment of app operations?  Preference settings for your account that affect streaming services?  Access to cloud recordings?

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

4 years ago

Absolutely same experience where the slowness is much more obvious and much worse in the evenings (vs. during the morning/afternoon).  I actually was going to post the same thing from an observation standpoint, but haven't bothered to collect any actual data yet at this point.  Will try to pay more attention to that aspect also moving forward.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Per @Cody21 - I also have Very slow response time on many functions.  Here is a "new wrinkle" (hint?).   I have been running on one of the older X1 boxes for a long time (ARRIS AX013ANM).  There have been *NO* 'slow' behaviors as described in this thread.   Today, I swapped in a NEW XG1v4-A (AX014ANM) and the slow behaviors have begun (it's worse on the base DVR, but also ~noticeable on the two satellite XiD-C boxes.   It has nothing to do with the remote (I have both the older XR11 and the new XR15 paired to the same system).   Nothing else has changed (same hardware, remotes & coaxes, same internet, same room/couch/etc).  The new system started slow and is getting worse.  I will go ahead and do the "refresh" dance, but I am not encouraged by all the frustration on this thread and NO USEFUL RESPONSES from COMCAST.  I have not returned the old AX013ANM yet ... I might be "downgrading" ... I can live without 4K which seems to be the only attraction.

Regular Visitor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

I only switched do to constant weather outages.
I don’t care about the apps, or voice recognition.
I miss the immediacy of channel changing, fast forward etc.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

4 years ago

That seems to make alot more sense than "Have you tried changing the batteries in the reomte/is the remote pointed at the box"......

It seems to me (imho), that there is a bandwidth issue, as in either being used (remember to turn off your "Xfinity" wifi hot spot function.), or some process is running. Rebooting the box may "fix" it for a while, but it comes back.

Like above poster discovered, his timeline seems to coincide with "demand", folks watching/listening to the tv in the am, then go to work, then demand drops. And it comes back again when folks start coming home.

Kind of sounds like ATT DSL type of symptom. As in just plain total bandwidth.

It's being choked by equipment limitaions........????

Contributor

• 

56 Messages

4 years ago

Original posts on this started in July. This bug is worse late in the day for me. Sun 11 17 delay was SO bad I shut down all. After restart things seemed fine until Mon. Was agin SO bad I gave up. Last night 11-19 same problem. With others reporting the same problem you'd think CC would step in. I'm not a techie and don't feel I need to figure out the known problem. Signals have been checked and I was told all are fine.
I pay to much for shoddy service that the supplier knows about. Not so awesome

It's now been a month - at least 4 times per week I have to do a shut down. When wiil CC get this problem corrected ?

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Been having the same issue for the past couple of days. What good is using the DVR if you can't fast forward. That is, if you can bring up the listing in the first place.

Regular Visitor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

TV was constantly freezing as I attempted to fast forward a program.
It is pitiful.
Sadly, bad weather or not....I am considering satellite tv again.
No slow streaming. Instantaneous fast forward!!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

At least with my Satilite I never had a signal or speed issue - NEVER Other then the very rare case of weather interferance. Since i got this system I have had 4 major issues so far. Been 2 months. Not a good sign.

Regular Visitor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

I agree

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

all: please try a test. install and open the xfintity TV remote app. for iOS press the TV icon at top to select the set top box to control. on android, go to settings and select the set top box to control.  select channel listings and select a differnet channel's program and select watch. changes fast? for iOS touch the 4-direction arrow icon and access the direct control (similar to your own remote). try pausing, playing, channel up/down. does it respond quickly?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here