Community Forum

simple one button pervious channel?

Frequent Visitor

simple one button pervious channel?

Is there any way to get a simple previous channel button on the X15 remote? You know, like remotes have had since there have been remotes? Not a list of the last nine channels I watched. Because believe it or not, I couldn't careless what channel I watched eight channels ago and I don't want to have to press several buttons for something that should be a simple one button function and that I use all the time. There is a very good reason this function is on EVERY remote ever designed...except this one.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: simple one button pervious channel?

@bpereira wrote:

Is there any way to get a simple previous channel button on the X15 remote? You know, like remotes have had since there have been remotes? Not a list of the last nine channels I watched. Because believe it or not, I couldn't careless what channel I watched eight channels ago and I don't want to have to press several buttons for something that should be a simple one button function and that I use all the time. There is a very good reason this function is on EVERY remote ever designed...except this one.

Did you try saying "Last" after pressing the voice button?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes, but again that just brings up the menu of the last channels and you still have to choose one. And even if it did work the voice feature is not a dedicated button and compared to a dedicated button it's slow and clunky. It's how I go back and forth now and it's pain compared to a simple 'previous' button.

Picking up a remote to press a button to give a voice command is more steps than picking up a remote and pressing a button. It's that simple and the number one mantra of UI design is keep it simple.

Expert

@bpereira wrote:

Yes, but again that just brings up the menu of the last channels and you still have to choose one. And even if it did work the voice feature is not a dedicated button and compared to a dedicated button it's slow and clunky. It's how I go back and forth now and it's pain compared to a simple 'previous' button.

Picking up a remote to press a button to give a voice command is more steps than picking up a remote and pressing a button. It's that simple and the number one mantra of UI design is keep it simple.

x1's menu system is a 'search' and 'enter' on your choice UI. the last is exactly that, a special search of your last channels/video/on-demand with most recent activity first. the old legacy system had a version of what you want and you can exchange your equipment for legacy equipment while it is available.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

There isn’t one, functions need an ok button push. It’s been that way since the X1 platform was released.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!