Community Forum

rgn200n

Highlighted
New Poster

rgn200n

We recently changed our plan to one that includes a dvr.  When making these arrangements, the agent told me that we would be able to access Peacock.  Well, turns out this rgn200n doesn't have an apps tab in the XFINITY main menu.  The box I traded away did.  How is this dvr considered an upgrade?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: rgn200n

@jwenger wrote:

We recently changed our plan to one that includes a dvr.  When making these arrangements, the agent told me that we would be able to access Peacock.  Well, turns out this rgn200n doesn't have an apps tab in the XFINITY main menu.  The box I traded away did.  How is this dvr considered an upgrade?

that is not an X1 DVR, it is a non-X1 legacy DVR with only 2 tuners. If you have Xfinity internet,  take the rng200 to an Xfinity store and swap for an xg1v4 (4k) DVR. it has 6 tuners and a solid state hard drive with RF (set top box aim anywhere after setup) remote. The X1 includes ability to use Roku modern models for other TVs and ability to stream on smart phones/tablets.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!