Community Forum

remote doesn't turn off/on TV

New Poster

remote doesn't turn off/on TV

I just got a new LG 43" TV. I've gone through the television set-up and synced the remote so the TV volumn works with the remote but I can't get the remote to turn off/on the TV. I also have a SONOS hooked up which works with the volumn control also. Is this on/off a LG settings issue or is there another step for setting the X1 remote to control the TV power?

Official Employee

Re: remote doesn't turn off/on TV

Try a different code?
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Silver Problem Solver

@austin52mj wrote:

I just got a new LG 43" TV. I've gone through the television set-up and synced the remote so the TV volumn works with the remote but I can't get the remote to turn off/on the TV. I also have a SONOS hooked up which works with the volumn control also. Is this on/off a LG settings issue or is there another step for setting the X1 remote to control the TV power?

I tried to pair a remote last week to a TV that had worked with another remote.  I finally realized I hadn't followed the on-screen step-by-step directions.  Press the A button and select program remote.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I just got the updated DVR and WiFi box a week ago.  The remote has been working fine until this afternoon.  After going thru all the numbers I was told to type in the setup, I got a message that the remote can’t be set up at this time.  

New Poster

My remote does not turn tv on/off
Official Employee

Has it ever worked? Press A and go to Remote Setup and follow the prompts
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• A technician came on October 26 and exchanged my old DVR and WiFi boxes for the new X1.  The remote worked for a little over a week, it also doesn’t control sound.  This is an odd problem because some times it works and sometimes it doesn’t.  I have done the setup remote multiple times, refreshed the box once and restarted twice.  The 1st time I restarted the box, the remote worked after setting up, the 2nd time made no difference.  Yesterday afternoon it worked, this morning it doesn’t.  Could be box, could be remote?  Wondered if the crazy weather we’re having could be the problem.  I know I’ll have to call tech support, just putting it off
Official Employee

Sounds like the remote needs replaced(possibly tv remote sensor). The cable box or weather has no affect on the remote working your tv

New Poster

Yes I thought it might be, it’s just odd.  I will be requesting that this afternoon I think and see if that’ll work.  Thanks for your help