JeffMcG's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Monday, February 15th, 2021 11:00 AM

Closed

"We can't connect to your device" on xFinity website landing page

Whenever i logon to the xFinity site, I see "We can't connect to your device" displayed on the landing page. 

I have attempted to clear this error by performing a complete system refresh.  That always fails with the error:

"System Refresh Unavailable"

Below this message is the option "Restart a Single TV Box".

If I try that, I get the following error:

"500 Error Something went wrong. Please try refreshing your browser."

I gone through these steps on three different computers using two different browsers (Chrome and Firefox).  Same results each time.

I was advissed to replace the main box which I did.  The problem still persists.  And, the main box is most definitely online.

I've also run into another problem when trying to use the "Add or Manage Devices" function under the "Devices" menu item.  When I click "Add or Manage Devices", i receive the following error:

"Looks like something went wrong... Please try again, or contact us for more help."

Happens every time.  I've also tried this on multiple computers using both Chrome and Firefox.  No luck.

I did call on these issues but the tech support call quickly degenerated into a sales pitch -- with no resolution to the technical issues at hand.  So, I'm hoping that someone on the forums might have some ideas on how to resolve these problems.

Thanks,

JeffMcG

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

3 years ago

Hey there, JeffMcG

Our team here on the forums would love to help figure out what is going on with these error messages you are getting. What we would like to do is pull up your account in our backend system to double-check that everything looks good on our side. 

Can you please private message me your full name and service address? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

3 years ago

What happened to this thread?  There must have been 25-30 messages in it.  Now, I just see my initial post and the first reply to it.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

541 Messages

3 years ago

@JeffMcG, that's a great question! Sometimes threads are marked as resolved, more or less, and locked. When a thread is locked and your post is still in progress, it would start a new thread. Other times, if the content is somewhat different (for example, the reason for your issue ends up being different), a new thread can be started as well. Not to worry- in any case, we're still here to help!  Are you still having the same issues with the landing page seeing your devices?

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

3 years ago

Yes, I am still seeing problems I described in my original post.  I don't understand why almost all of the content of the thread was removed.  As i said in my previous note, there must have been at least 25 separate notes in the thread.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hi JeffMcG, I am not sure what happened to the other comments if there were any but I can find out 🙂 When it comes to your issue, I know you mentioned that you've tried the Xfinity site on different computers and different browsers but can you tell me if you get the same error when trying to navigate to other websites? Are you connected to the internet via your home network or a public hot spot?

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

3 years ago

This is what is so frustrating. Your questions were all answered (sometimes multiple times) in the thread that has gone missing.

I have tried accessing xfinity.com in the following ways:

• From home, on an xfinitywifi hotspot and from our office network.
  • Used three separate computers.  Two running Windows 10, the other running Windows 7
  • Used both Chrome and Firefox.

All with the same result.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

I appreciate the update. You shouldn't have to try multiple times to access our site from the home network, and I can understand why this would get frustrating over time. You stated in the original post you were also having issues troubleshooting the set-top box as well. Were you able to do this from the Xfinity portal online, or did you get access on the Xfinity App? As a test, can you try accessing the site using a "private" or "incognito" tab?

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

3 years ago

I'm seeing all the same problems in incognito mode.

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

3 years ago

JeffMcG, apologies your issues persist on our website. To troubleshoot further, I'll need to gain access to your account. So that I can assist you, please send me a private message and include your full name and service address. To send me a private message: click my username (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile, then click the link that says "Send a message" and there you can compose a private message. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here