Community Forum

"No Signal" message on HDMI

Frequent Visitor

"No Signal" message on HDMI

When I turn on the TV using the cable box remote control, I get the error message, "No Signal", even though I may have recently been watching a broadcast with the TV input on HDMI1. I have to cycle through five other possible inputs on the TV to get back to HDMI 1, then, I get a signal. So, the connections are correct. This process is awkward, and noisy, since "TV" produces loud white noise and one of the AV inputs produces sound.

For a supposedly high-tech piece of equipment, this is particularly ungraceful operation. It's embarrassing, if we have guests.

Yes, I changed out the box, and got the same result. Obviously, the connections are correct, ot I wouldn't get a signal.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: "No Signal" message on HDMI

One idea came to me; any chance you are accidentally using the remote's Input buttone?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Gold Problem Solver

Re: "No Signal" message on HDMI


@Sumisu wrote: When I turn on the TV using the cable box remote control ... I have to cycle through five other possible inputs on the TV to get back to HDMI 1 ...

What happens if you turn on the TV with its own remote or with a built-in ON/OFF button? Power-on input selection might be controlled by a setting in the TV. Could you post the set's brand and model number so we could check the owner's manual?

Frequent Visitor

Re: "No Signal" message on HDMI

Thanks for the reply.

Turning the TV on with its own remote still produces a 'no signal' message from the HDMI/cable box input. I can turn it off, then on with the LG remote, Off then on with the Comcast remote, off with the Comcast remote and on with the LG remote, or vice versa, and all produce the same result - no signal from HDMI/cable box input, even though I had a signal from the HDMI/cable box input before turning the power off.

 

I have a vcr, a DVD/CD player a computer and other inputs connected to the TV, so unfortunately, I have to cycle through TV, AV1, AV2, Component 1, Component 2 and HDMI1 before getting back to HDMI2, which I was just watching.

 

The TV is an LG 37LC7D, from October, 2007.

The problem began when we got a new style box in January. So, I tend to suspect the box or some setting within, rather than a TV setting. Replacing the box changed nothing, so it seems not to be a defective box.

 

Thanks, again.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: "No Signal" message on HDMI


@Sumisu wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

Turning the TV on with its own remote still produces a 'no signal' message from the HDMI/cable box input. I can turn it off, then on with the LG remote, Off then on with the Comcast remote, off with the Comcast remote and on with the LG remote, or vice versa, and all produce the same result - no signal from HDMI/cable box input, even though I had a signal from the HDMI/cable box input before turning the power off.

 

I have a vcr, a DVD/CD player a computer and other inputs connected to the TV, so unfortunately, I have to cycle through TV, AV1, AV2, Component 1, Component 2 and HDMI1 before getting back to HDMI2, which I was just watching.

 

The TV is an LG 37LC7D, from October, 2007.

The problem began when we got a new style box in January. So, I tend to suspect the box or some setting within, rather than a TV setting. Replacing the box changed nothing, so it seems not to be a defective box.

 

Thanks, again.


Which X1 box do you have?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: "No Signal" message on HDMI

Hmm. Since I'm blaming the box, you'd think I would have included that info ... Thanks for the prompt.

 

It looks like the Pace & Samsung XG2 on the link you sent. The sticker on the bottom says XG2v2-P/X1 and Model Pace PX022ANM.

 

Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: "No Signal" message on HDMI


@Sumisu wrote:

Hmm. Since I'm blaming the box, you'd think I would have included that info ... Thanks for the prompt.

 

It looks like the Pace & Samsung XG2 on the link you sent. The sticker on the bottom says XG2v2-P/X1 and Model Pace PX022ANM.

 

Thanks.


I have that box connected to my old Dynex TV and the only thing I can thnk of is there might be an issue with your TV when you turn it off or on with the XR11 remote.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: "No Signal" message on HDMI

Sorry, I didn't see this.   But, I don't know what you mean. I'm not accidentally turning the TV on by using the input button on the cable box's remote. That button does turn the TV power on (why should it?), but produces exactly the same result as using the power button on either the TV's remote or the cable box's remote.

Was that what you asked? If so, no reply necesssary.

Frequent Visitor

Re: "No Signal" message on HDMI

Even turning off the TV using the power button on the TV itself causes the problem. HDMI signal goes away upon power cycling the TV and leaving the box alone.

I also swapped HDMI 1 and HDMI 2, but it didn't help.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: "No Signal" message on HDMI


@Sumisu wrote:

Even turning off the TV using the power button on the TV itself causes the problem. HDMI signal goes away upon power cycling the TV and leaving the box alone.

I also swapped HDMI 1 and HDMI 2, but it didn't help.


That would suggest there is an issue with the TV; does it have more than one HDMI input?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: "No Signal" message on HDMI

Hi @Sumisu

 

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums. Sorry for the experience you're having. Based on the information provided in this thread, I agree with @RobertWy. It appears as if the issue may be with the TV. Can you confirm whether or not there is another HDMI Port on that TV? If so, are you able to duplicate this issue on that HDMI Prot? 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: "No Signal" message on HDMI

There are two HDMI inputs, and they both produce the same problem.

 

BUT, I tried a different TV, and there is no problem. So, apparently it's a compatability issue between the box and the TV.

 

I guess I can't blame Comcast.

 

Thanks to everyone who gave advice.