Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

picture does not fit screen

New Poster

picture does not fit screen

The image size does not match the screen. The tv attached to the box is hd and connected with hdmi cable. I have adjusted the setting on the x1 box to proper aspect ratio. The zoom is turned off. When on it streaches the sides and distorts the image. I can adjust the screen mode on the tv to zoom and it filles the screen but cuts off the ouside edges. My second tv is new ultra hdtv connected with roku over wifi using streaming live app. same problem.  Using antenna everything works fine using othe apps on roku like netflix and direct tv now. Everything works fine. It only happens with xfinity

tv.jpg

Official Employee

Re: picture does not fit screen

@bhzauto wrote:

The image size does not match the screen. The tv attached to the box is hd and connected with hdmi cable. I have adjusted the setting on the x1 box to proper aspect ratio. The zoom is turned off. When on it streaches the sides and distorts the image. I can adjust the screen mode on the tv to zoom and it filles the screen but cuts off the ouside edges. My second tv is new ultra hdtv connected with roku over wifi using streaming live app. same problem.  Using antenna everything works fine using othe apps on roku like netflix and direct tv now. Everything works fine. It only happens with xfinity

tv.jpg

Are you watching are you watching a SD channel or HD channel?

New Poster

They are sd channels I don't have hd through xfinity.  The menu fills the screen fine. It is only while watching channels.

Expert

@bhzauto wrote:

They are sd channels I don't have hd through xfinity.  The menu fills the screen fine. It is only while watching channels.

Does your TV have any screen settings?

Official Employee

Have you tried with coax instead of HDMI, since your watching in SD anyway. You’ll need to play with your tv settings, the best you can or upgrade to HD