Community Forum

pairing LG Magic Remote with Xfinity box

Highlighted
New Poster

pairing LG Magic Remote with Xfinity box

Hi there! I am trying to pair the LG Magic remote with our comcast cable box. I can not get the remote to change the channels even though I've gone through the set up guide a few times.  Can anyone offer some assistance? I know that there was a previous post about this but when I try to access the post, it doesn't show up.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: pairing LG Magic Remote with Xfinity box

@netsirk17 wrote:

Hi there! I am trying to pair the LG Magic remote with our comcast cable box. I can not get the remote to change the channels even though I've gone through the set up guide a few times.  Can anyone offer some assistance? I know that there was a previous post about this but when I try to access the post, it doesn't show up.

Thank you!

Is this it? (I googled)

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Information-on-how-to-pair-the-LG-Magic-Remote-AN-MR400P/m-p/318020...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

There is a link in that post you sent by BruceW that says to try “this” link. That’s the link I’ve been trying to access that I’ve heard works but that other link doesn’t work.
Highlighted
Problem Solver

@netsirk17 wrote:
There is a link in that post you sent by BruceW that says to try “this” link. That’s the link I’ve been trying to access that I’ve heard works but that other link doesn’t work.

Apparently that other post that @BruceW  referred to has been archived (and not visible by normal means).  From a subsequent post in the original thread, there is reference to 'a new compatible TV Box'.  Apparently, the TV Box you have is 'not compatible' and may need to be replaced to work with your remote.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

A Forum post which is no longer available to non-employees said :

All X1 boxes (Arris, Pace, Samsung, Cisco) use the same infrared "codes". I suggest that you try codes from all of those brands along with Motorola.

And:

Just choose "Unknown" from the manufacturer list, then when trying the different Remote options (where you try the channel up/down, etc. on each one) I think I had to go to the thrid option before it would work. It does work just fine though, but you do need line of sight with the cable box. 

Also: https://www.google.com/search?q=lg+magic+remote+comcast+box

Highlighted
New Poster

So after trying to pair my 65 Lg Oled with my Xfinity set top box I finally got it to work. After you hit the channel ^ button and it doesn’t work it will ask did it take say no and try again then take batteries out and put back in and hit the channel ^ button again and it worked for me after hitting the button 2 times. Make sure your are watching to see if the channel does change then stop hitting the ^ button and select yes. I know it was frustrating at first cause nothing was working.