user_ab0276's profile

Contributor

• 

74 Messages

Tuesday, November 5th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

number of Xi6 on one DVR

I'm getting confliciting answers from my local Xfinity store in regards to how many Xi6 boxes I can have per my one XG1v4.  Right now, I have the one XG1v4 DVR and have 3 Xi6 boxes (connected over wifi or ethernet) and one older Pace XG2 large 1080p box.  I want to replace the Pace XG2 box with another Xi6 but was told I could only have 3 smaller Xi6 boxes per one DVR.  Another peron told me I could have 4.  I don't want to disconnect the box and take it in unless I'm sure another Xi6 box would work with my current DVR.  Does anyone know how many Xi6 I can have per DVR?

I appreciate any answers.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

74 Messages

5 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:
It used to be 2 because of bandwidth concerns but check at your local service center for exact details for your market. But remember every Xi6 uses a tuner off the dvr (each tuner is a recording). The Xg2 is currently giving the tuners, keeping your dvr free. If you turn in the XG2, you’re taking away the the ability to record 4 out of 6 shows.

Good information.  So since I have 3 xi6 boxes right now, the best I could do is record 3 shows at a time, or record 2 shows and watch another one. Is that correct?

Let me ask you too, if the xi6 box is powered off, doesd it still eat up a tuner on the DVR?   

Contributor

• 

74 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah, I definetley have 3.  Don't know if I should press my luck with a 4th one.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

It used to be 2 because of bandwidth concerns but check at your local service center for exact details for your market. But remember every Xi6 uses a tuner off the dvr (each tuner is a recording). The Xg2 is currently giving the tuners, keeping your dvr free. If you turn in the XG2, you’re taking away the the ability to record 4 out of 6 shows.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

The way you’re set up today, the XG2 is providing the tuners for the Xi6’s. Your dvr is free to record 6 at a time. It’s if you trade in that XG2, you’ll lose recording ability and limited to 2 at a time or 1 plus live tv

Contributor

• 

74 Messages

5 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:
The way you’re set up today, the XG2 is providing the tuners for the Xi6’s. Your dvr is free to record 6 at a time. It’s if you trade in that XG2, you’ll lose recording ability and limited to 2 at a time or 1 plus live tv

Thank you very much.  I was assuming the XG1v4 had the tuners and not the XG2.  I guess the only way then to get a 4k box at my last TV without sacrifising tuners is to pay for another XG1v4, which they tell me is the equivalent of paying for an additional DVR.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here