Community Forum

netflix stutter

Official Employee

Re: netflix stutter

Hi, TerriB. We are willing to work with you via private message to continue looking further into this, but I have not heard back from you. If you'd like further support, please continue responding from there. Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I sent a private message to ComcastMorgan awile ago.   Still waiting to hear what an investigation uncovered.

Most Valued Poster

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Hi, TerriB. We are willing to work with you via private message to continue looking further into this, but I have not heard back from you. If you'd like further support, please continue responding from there. Thank you. 

I  just reported this to you in a PM but wanted others to see it also.   Netflix shows are still 'jumpy'  and its like they have been paused for a second every few minutes. Its distracting to say the least but after reseting and still having it happen I am going to drop it.  Along with many other things this started after the UI change.  There is nothing you can do to help me except perhaps suggest a tech visit and I know from past experience that these kinds of things are platform related and its a waste of the tech's time.  We made no changes to our equipement or setup so  after resetting the app and the whole system and  nothing changed....its time to give up. We love having Netflix free as part of our package but its probably not going to get watched very much.  I appreciate your willingness to help

Most Valued Poster

@mfrank1 wrote:

I sent a private message to ComcastMorgan awile ago.   Still waiting to hear what an investigation uncovered.

--

Good...... if an investigation uncovers something then all of us who have the issue will benefit. Obviously its not an isolated issue.  I say its due to the UI change as many things have been messed up since that was released

Official Employee

Hi, mfrank1. I saw your private message and I responded to it last Thursday. I have not received a reply to that message since. 

TerriB ~ This is not an isolated issue but we are in need of confirming certain things prior to opening a research request. The research requests are what help our engineering team identify issues and declare known issues accordingly. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

The fix is indeed the new 4K DVR STB!!

Most Valued Poster

@Gov0525 wrote:

The fix is indeed the new 4K DVR STB!!

So what is so great/different about the new box? We always have such a packed DVR that unless our box fails (God forbid) we can't get a new one. We record so much .

Contributor

Be cautious about box swapping.  When the Netflix problem started Comcast swapped out my box after assuring me my DVR recordings would sync and be preserved.  I had an 85% full DVR on the old box; only 5% of the recordings survived to the second.

Also, I'm told the 4K box eliminated the optical audio port.  My Sonos Playbar requires that port since my TV doesn't pass through the optical audio.  I need another solution.

Contributor

ComcastMorgan:  Unless I missed one, the only response you sent was to indicate you've requested further investigation (presumably on your end), but I've heard nothing since.

Most Valued Poster

@mfrank1 wrote:

Be cautious about box swapping.  When the Netflix problem started Comcast swapped out my box after assuring me my DVR recordings would sync and be preserved.  I had an 85% full DVR on the old box; only 5% of the recordings survived to the second.

Also, I'm told the 4K box eliminated the optical audio port.  My Sonos Playbar requires that port since my TV doesn't pass through the optical audio.  I need another solution.

I didn't even know they could sync ANY recordings from old to new box but sounds like that was a failed mission so no thanks. I don't have a good reason to swap .

We still have the stutter on tv shows on Netflix after resetting but watched Bird Box last night and the stuttering was minimal but the movie is so engrossing we weren't really paying attention to the jumpiness. GREAT MOVIE by the way.

Expert

"  

I didn't even know they could sync ANY recordings from old to new box but sounds like that was a failed mission so no thanks. I don't have a good reason to swap .

We still have the stutter on tv shows on Netflix after resetting but watched Bird Box last night and the stuttering was minimal but the movie is so engrossing we weren't really paying attention to the jumpiness. GREAT MOVIE by the way. "

Terri:

Some one posted this morning that they thought the movie you watched here looked darker on their screen than the same movie watched on the Netflix app supplied by other IPV methods.

How did the movie look to you on your television?

Mark

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

@MNtundraRET wrote:

"  

We still have the stutter on tv shows on Netflix after resetting but watched Bird Box last night and the stuttering was minimal but the movie is so engrossing we weren't really paying attention to the jumpiness. GREAT MOVIE by the way. "

Terri:

Some one posted this morning that they thought the movie you watched here looked darker on their screen than the same movie watched on the Netflix app supplied by other IPV methods.

How did the movie look to you on your television?

Mark

==

It looked fine but the movie scenes are mostly dark by design.  You will see why if you watch it . Amazing movie...disconcerting but amazing.

Regular Contributor

When I swapped out my old X1 DVR for the 4K DVR, I did not lose any of my DVR recordings to my surprise.  The 4K box has quicker response to the apps than the older DVR.  The older DVR would lag some of the time and even on occasion not connect to the Netflix app.  The footprint of the 4K box is much smaller and is very quiet.  I am very glad I swapped for it.

BTW,  ComcastMorgan was very helpful through the entire process.  I wish more Xfinity employees were like that! 

Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue on an X1 DVR main box. Has been happening for months now. Other apps work fine. I have called once already. Have reset the app the box, quality settings, everything. Please fix this issue.
Regular Visitor

Same stutter is happeing to me. X1 DVR box, only when watching netflix. Have refreshed the box as well as the netflix app, stutter still there.

Official Employee

Hello All, 

I can help look further into this. Can you please verify your first and last name in a private message, as well as the name of the account holder if it's different than yours?

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

New Poster

I have the same complaint.  Netflix stutters only when using the  App on our DVR STB (STB Version MX011AN_3.2p10s1_PROD_sey).  There are no problems when using our non-DVR box (version CXD01ANI_3.2p10s1_PROD_sey).   

Contributor

I just got a call from Comcast saying that they will be doing an update by the end of January so that Netflix doesn’t stutter on the older X1 boxes. They’re suppose to call me once this is done.
Regular Contributor

Same problem here in 01740. I've tested other feeds enough to convince myself that the issue is limited to Netflix. Anxiously awaiting a fix. 

New Poster

I’m having same issue, it has been going on as long as other people have mentioned, early November. Has there been a fix yet?
Valued Contributor

@Tooky61 wrote:
I just got a call from Comcast saying that they will be doing an update by the end of January so that Netflix doesn’t stutter on the older X1 boxes. They’re suppose to call me once this is done.

I don't believe that statement because it was previously stated that comcast can't replicate the issue and if they can't replicate it then they can't  fix it.

Contributor

All I know is that I got a call yesterday after Morgan put a ticket in for me a couple of weeks ago.  The lady from Comcast said they were aware that there was an issue with Netflix on original X1 boxes like I have and that a fix was coming by the end of January.  She also said I would get a call once that fix had been pushed out.  She also offered to replace my box now if I so choose.

Contributor

It would be more reassuring if this could be confirmed here by ComcastMorgan or Che.  I'm sure if it was true, they would know about it.

Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue with the Netflix stutter and too many recorded shows to cut over at this time to the 4k box.

Hopefully there is a fix soon, makes Netflix hard to watch. Prime video works just fine.

Done the reset, reboot, etc, no dice.

Most Valued Poster

@Tooky61 wrote:

All I know is that I got a call yesterday after Morgan put a ticket in for me a couple of weeks ago.  The lady from Comcast said they were aware that there was an issue with Netflix on original X1 boxes like I have and that a fix was coming by the end of January.  She also said I would get a call once that fix had been pushed out.  She also offered to replace my box now if I so choose.

I will believe it when I see it. Would you be so kind as to let us know when you get that call PLEASE. I have had issues escalated and they always promise to call me but its never happened except once and it was about digital phone functionality. I always have to call a few times with my tkt number to find out whats up.

Most Valued Poster

We should NOT have to get the new box to get Netflix fixed. I have little need for anything the new box offers. Our box is just fine for all things except jumpy Netflix.

Contributor

I will let you guys know.
Contributor

@Tooky61 wrote:
I will let you guys know.

Thanks, Tooky61.  But as I've said previously, I think the fact that a fix hasn't been confirmed here by ComcastMorgan or Che makes it less likely to be true.

Contributor

I'm also experiencing this issue. Netflix stutters every 5-10 seconds. Quite annoying. I also have a stutter issue watching live TV when one of my secondary televisions (companion boxes) is playing netflix or on demand content. Not sure if these issues are related or not.  

Contributor

I see no send message option when clicking on your name. 
@ComcastChe wrote:

Hello All, 

I can help look further into this. Can you please verify your first and last name in a private message, as well as the name of the account holder if it's different than yours?

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

Contributor

Is anyone from Comcast monitoring this thread anymore?
Contributor

My thought exactly. They went dark after I posted that I had received a call from Comcast and a fix was on the way.
Contributor

@Tooky61 wrote:

I asked ComcastMorgan if he knew anything out the fix you were promised.  His reply:

I have not heard of or been given information on any specific repair for that coming down the pipeline, at this time. 

Official Employee

Hi everyone. The process for this is still the same as what has previously been mentioned in this thread. Please check the troubleshooting steps previously listed (toggling HD, checking playback quality, and resetting the Netflix app) if that doesn't resolve, you can send me a private message with your name and I will run through some checks on this end and potentially open a request for you. Please note that Comcast does not manage content on the Netflix platform, nor does it manage the Netflix application itself. However, we have implemented this application to work through our X1 cable boxes and it does utilize the internet service, which is why certain premise checks are necessary. We can see in this thread several customers in different parts of the US are experiencing issues with this application on certain DVR hubs. The requests that we submit are important for us to be able to partner with Netflix in an attempt to work with them on getting this resolved. I will personally be in contact with the Netflix team next week discussing this issue and coming up with a plan on the fix. Thank you all for your patience.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you. 

Contributor

So why did I get that call?

Official Employee

Tooky61 ~ There may be a portion of our Advanced Repair team that is in contact with our Engineers on a fix for this in certain markets already. I will be able to confirm that and supply more information regarding all of this next week. Thanks.

New Poster

I have done everything they asked and my Netflix still stutters.  Only happens when I use x1 Netflix app.   

Regular Visitor

I also tried all the troubleshooting steps to no avail. I tried to click on your name and send a private message, but I see no option to do this.

New Poster

Re: Stuttering video

Can’t figure out how to send you a private message Morgan.  Same stuttering problem here, 34104 area code.  I reset and checked all of your recommendations and I still have the stutter.  It is about every 15 seconds which is to say the least very annoying.  

New Poster

Re: Stuttering video

BTW Once I posted something I could then see your “send message” button...

Most Valued Poster

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Tooky61 ~ There may be a portion of our Advanced Repair team that is in contact with our Engineers on a fix for this in certain markets already. I will be able to confirm that and supply more information regarding all of this next week. Thanks.

==

I would like to add zip code 22193 to the list that needs to have the stutter fix implemented.  Its the Dale City, Va Comcast service area.

Official Employee

Hi everyone. I'm still working with our different partners to be able to provide an update for you all. For now, the same recommended process is still in place. In order to be able to send a private message, you will need to post publicly in the forum first to unlock that ability. Thank you. 

Frequent Visitor

Yup just started for me it was working fine now in stutter hades, My amazon prime streams fine smooth as glass dVR is fine too

I’m in NH 03054
Frequent Visitor

New customer here and have netflix stutter.  Not a good start with Xfinity!

Most Valued Poster

Netflix Stutter continues.  Unable to contact ANY Comcast employee here via PM. There is just no place to click once I click on the name of the employee.   Tried the Netflix reset to no avail.  

So...........Here we are, folks.  Frozen in at 05651 with a stuttering app, and no one from Comcast to talk to.  LOL.   First World Problem, right?  LOL. 

Contributor

I will personally be in contact with the Netflix team next week discussing this issue and coming up with a plan on the fix.

Eagerly awaiting news of the "plan for the fix" promised by ComcastMorgan on Jan 10.

Official Employee

There is no new news for this at this time. For those of you new to the forums, you will need to post at least one time publicly, in order to attempt sending me a private message. Thank you. 

Most Valued Poster

@thunderwalker wrote:
Wow 3 months and no news. What kinda bull is that. More like don’t care.

Satellite here I come......

Have been avoiding Netflix due to the stutter but last night could not find anything good to watch at 11PM to 'relax me' as I fall asleep  so tuned to Blue Bloods on Netflix but the stutter was so annoying I had to turn it off.  It seemed worse than usual.

Contributor

I agree. It’s getting worse not better. I just use my fire stick now that works just fine.
Most Valued Poster

@Tooky61 wrote:
I agree. It’s getting worse not better. I just use my fire stick now that works just fine.

The only device we watch Netflix on is the tv so we are stuck until they fix it which I am not holding my breath over