Galvin's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Sunday, November 11th, 2018 11:00 PM

Closed

netflix stutter

Only happens when I watch netflix on my xfinity box.  If I watch it on my computer I get no stutter.

This just started happening a few days ago.  I'd never get stutter watching netflix

I already reset the netflix app.  Refreshed the box, turned the box off and on again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

My Netflix also began stuttering just a few eeeks ago, but it only stutters on my DVR box. It does not stutter on the non-DVR boxes.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

I am in Lansing MI. Have the same issue. Started around the same time as everyone else. Seems to be worse the longer the program runs. Just got a new DVR box today , and that did not solve the issue

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

I do also.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

I have a X1 DVR box

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

Tonight I am wstching a recording from the old box on the new box ( I was told by the tech the recordings from the old box are on ghe cloud) I noticed the same stuttering and jittery motion that I see on Netflix. I hope this helps.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hi all.

The model/type of box is helpful to us, as RobertWy mentioned and also knowing whether or not you've already tried the process listed here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/netflix-x1-app-frozen, even though we know that the app doesn't seem to be frozen in this particular case. You can also access www.netflix.com/HdToggle and make sure the Playback Setting is set to Auto - Default video quality and data usage or High - Best video quality. After making changes, exit the Netflix app and relaunch. Please be aware that if the Playback Setting is on Low or Medium, the quality will be degraded on the X1 box. A regular reset/power cycle of the box is always good measure as well. 

If you've checked/tried the options listed above and continue to experience issues with this Netflix application, please send me a private message with your name so I can take a look at your account on this end and let you know what our options are.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

I have the same issue.  I just got xfinity TV a couple of weeks ago.  I noticed the stutter and the techs came back out, checked everything and gave me a new box.  Stutter still there.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

With all due respect, from the posts in this thread this does not seem to be an indivudual box problem but more like a system issue.  It's happening to people in various regions and some switched out their boxes for new ones and the problem still persists.  I haven't tried to access Netflix in a few days and may try tonight to see if the problem is still there.

Thanks!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hi there, Tooky61. When issues like this arise and it's not part of a declared/known issue that has been confirmed on our end, we often need to open requests (tickets) on each account. That can often help an issue of this nature be identified, pinpointed, and then addressed and resolved as a whole. It doesn't seem to be a hardware issue here, but it does seem to mostly be impacting DVR hubs - rather than the additional satellite boxes. 

You're welcome to provide an update upon checking the service and then we can start the request process afterward, as needed. Thank you.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

Makes sense, thank you for the explanation.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

My dvr is a XG1-A

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I’m having the same issue. It appears to have started around the same time as everyone else. Also, I have no problems streaming from any other platform, just the X1 box.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have the same problem.  Netflix stutters.  Restarted everything twice.  Netflix works fine on my Blu ray players.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

If I had to guess, everyone in this thread is either, using the first arris boxes, OR, we're the only people who didn't just shake their heads and use their tv for netflix

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

I just got Xfinity so I'm not using an old box.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here