Community Forum

how to open battery compartment on XR11 remote

New Poster

how to open battery compartment on XR11 remote

What is best way to open battery compartment on XR11 remote? getting  mssg batteries are low.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: how to open battery compartment on XR11 remote

Some of them are very diffuclt; I have one I have not been able to open.  You can get free remotes at your nearest Xfinity Store.

The trick is to press on the slight indentation on the back and pull down, which should break the seal.  I assume you pulled out the tab.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Just got this new remote.  It is very small.  The back has a little ridge. It is very  tight and does not budge when pushed like the larger one.

Silver Problem Solver

@shamimcatrina23 wrote:

Just got this new remote.  It is very small.  The back has a little ridge. It is very  tight and does not budge when pushed like the larger one.

I had to pull down real hard to break the seal.  Keep trying.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

how to open battery compartment on XR11

@cstreeper wrote:

What is best way to open battery compartment on XR11 remote? getting  mssg batteries are low.

Silver Problem Solver

@anenzing wrote:

how to open battery compartment on XR11

@cstreeper wrote:

On the back of the remote, there is a slight raised tab.  Press on it and pull down until the seal is broken.