Community Forum

factory reset

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

factory reset

I'm planning to disconnect and return my X1 box and want to do a factory reset to remove any account information and passwords that might have been saved on the device.  Can you provide instructions to reset the box to it's factory settings.  ?   

Thanks ,

Highlighted
Expert

Re: factory reset

@sgrant77 wrote:

I'm planning to disconnect and return my X1 box and want to do a factory reset to remove any account information and passwords that might have been saved on the device.  Can you provide instructions to reset the box to it's factory settings.  ?   

Thanks ,

when you return the set top box they scan your bar code. at that point the TV will never show to anyone anything until activated on another account and then it is cleared automatically.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

when you return the set top box they scan your bar code. at that point the TV will never show to anyone anything until activated on another account and then it is cleared automatically.
_________

Not entirely true, it doesn’t get cleared out until it goes through a QA process. If that box happened to not go through the QA process upon return, and was shrink wrapped and sent back out, it could happen. It’s rare but it’s happened

@sgrant77 do you have a dvr or XG2?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have the XG2 v2-S

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

@sgrant77
Check your private messages

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!