Community Forum

commercial audio is too loud after system refresh

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

commercial audio is too loud after system refresh

I had to do a system refresh and restart on my box yesterday and now the commercial audio is significantly louder than the regular programming.  How do I get tehm back to being equalized?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: commercial audio is too loud after system refresh

@darTTh_audi wrote:

I had to do a system refresh and restart on my box yesterday and now the commercial audio is significantly louder than the regular programming.  How do I get tehm back to being equalized?

the set top box is only carrying streams, and it does not know the content. the audio levels are set at the production end. many commercials do used louder audio levels. there is no adjustment other than your mute or volume control.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

But I had no issue with the audio levels being equalized before this refresh.  Something has changed.

Highlighted
Expert

@darTTh_audi wrote:

But I had no issue with the audio levels being equalized before this refresh.  Something has changed.

the set top box is all digital. it knows nothing about content and does no adjusting/equalizing. any adjustments done has to be by your TV's circuits. Some TVs do have an audio menu that might include volume automatic leveling control.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!