activation

723almanor
New Poster

activation

I can't activate the box?

CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: activation

Are you on a live coax cable? Any error message. Your post lacked any possible helpful details

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
723almanor
New Poster

yes, I'm on a live cable - we had a box but the picture got distorted so Xfinity gave us a new one.  We plugged it in but it didn't do anything.  So we called Xfinity and got a "robot" who never answered our question and there was no way to talk to a live person.  We have called 8 times but get the same "robot".  We need a live person to show us how to activate the box.

CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Did you even get a welcome screen? Maybe since you were having signal issues, there’s something wrong with the cable not the box? Try activating at a different location

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
723almanor
New Poster

The signal issue was with the old box which we turned in and got a new one.  We are using the cable that came with the new box.  There is only one location for our cable.  And NO, we never did get the welcome screen after turning on the box.

Rustyben
Expert

@723almanor wrote:

The signal issue was with the old box which we turned in and got a new one.  We are using the cable that came with the new box.  There is only one location for our cable.  And NO, we never did get the welcome screen after turning on the box.

check the back of the new set top box. what is the coax terminal named that the coax connector is connected? what is the name of the HDMI jack that the TV is connected (on back of set top box)?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Are you getting power to the box? On the right tv input?