Community Forum

Xi6 Live TV Freezing Constantly

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Xi6 Live TV Freezing Constantly

My Setup:

xFi Advanced Gateway = XB6 (ARRIS TG3482G)
Main X1 TV Box = ARRIS XG1v4
Bedroom 1 = Arris Xi6 Connected Wirelessly
Bedroom 2 = Arris Xi6 Connected through Ethernet

Here's my issue:

The Xi6 devices within my two bedrooms are horrible for Live or Recorded TV. This has been going on for a long time, and I assumed it was related to my WiFi being in high demand. However, this is honestly not true based on two factors:

• I have moved one of the boxes to an ethernet connection and show that this device is not using WiFi via my xFi app. The other remains on WiFi in an adjacent room. Still freezes as though I am losing connection.
  • I use the apps on the Xi6 devices quite often (Netflix, Prime, etc.) with absolutely no studder, no loose of signal, all while streaming at 4K UHD resolution.

I’ve replaced the box that was ethernet assuming the issue had to be the device. No changes. Granted, I have called Comcast to troubleshoot. I’ve restarted the device. I’ve restarted XG1v4, reset my gateway, checked lines cables, even switched HDMI cables (again, no issue with streaming through these devices, just live or recorded cable TV). I have no issues with my XG1v4, only the Xi6 devices…. Whats the deal? Feel like paying the additional $10 per month for each of these devices is a total waste of money, but we love the ability to have the voice remote and the integration of cable TV with our streaming services.

Please help!

Expert

Re: Xi6 Live TV Freezing Constantly

@elementum wrote:

My Setup:

xFi Advanced Gateway = XB6 (ARRIS TG3482G)
Main X1 TV Box = ARRIS XG1v4
Bedroom 1 = Arris Xi6 Connected Wirelessly
Bedroom 2 = Arris Xi6 Connected through Ethernet

Here's my issue:

The Xi6 devices within my two bedrooms are horrible for Live or Recorded TV. This has been going on for a long time, and I assumed it was related to my WiFi being in high demand. However, this is honestly not true based on two factors:

• I have moved one of the boxes to an ethernet connection and show that this device is not using WiFi via my xFi app. The other remains on WiFi in an adjacent room. Still freezes as though I am losing connection.
  • I use the apps on the Xi6 devices quite often (Netflix, Prime, etc.) with absolutely no studder, no loose of signal, all while streaming at 4K UHD resolution.

I’ve replaced the box that was ethernet assuming the issue had to be the device. No changes. Granted, I have called Comcast to troubleshoot. I’ve restarted the device. I’ve restarted XG1v4, reset my gateway, checked lines cables, even switched HDMI cables (again, no issue with streaming through these devices, just live or recorded cable TV). I have no issues with my XG1v4, only the Xi6 devices…. Whats the deal? Feel like paying the additional $10 per month for each of these devices is a total waste of money, but we love the ability to have the voice remote and the integration of cable TV with our streaming services.

Please help!

what is your wiring situation? splitter(s)?  the communication for both xi6 is to the gateway, then via coax using MoCA to the xg1v4 DVR. then signals back in reverse. are all the devices needing 4k? if you can see the splitter/amp would you copy the frequency range on the splitter or model number from any amp. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

On top of the moca that was referenced, try resetting both gateway and dvr at the same time. Customer s service can see moca levels, they need to be in a certain range. Also the Xi6 has access wireless to the 5ghz channel of your gateway, try using that channel. If your Wi-Fi is combined, try separating the networks.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

The only spliter I have is a BAMF 2-Way Coax Cable Splitter Bi-Directional MoCA 5-2300MHz. This is located at the coax coming into the home from the Commscope 5-port MoCA HomeConnect that was installed by the Comcast Installer. The spliter is connected directly to my ARRIS XG1v4 and to a Actiontec bonded MoCA 2.0 ethernet to coax adapter that is connected to a TRENDnet 8-Port Switch.

Is having the splitter on the main X1 device anding using a MoCA adapter the colporate?

Frequent Visitor

As stated I did forget to include the MoCA adapters I am using for my broadband needs. This was to try and solve my WiFi issues, which does great for streaming and gaming.

Resetting the Gateway and DVR did not seem to help solve my issue, and assuming it may be related to possibly using a Bi-Directional MoCA splitter with a MoCA adapter at the same connection point as my main X1. Also, I can not switch and use the 5Ghz WiFi signal of my gateway as I also use the xFi pods which force you to name both of your bands the same.

Additional Hardware:
BAMF 2-Way Coax Cable Splitter Bi-Directional MoCA 5-2300MHz
Actiontec Bonded MoCA 2.0 Ethernet to Coax Adapter (ECB6200)
TRENDnet 8-Port Gigabit Switch (TEG-S82G)

Diamond Problem Solver

Could be the culprit and interfering , but that’s something you’ll have to troubleshoot with, Comcast doesn’t support any of the personal moca adapters. Instead of an xi6 why not use a Roku with the Xfinity Stream app or is it possible to use a coax wired X1 box

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I will disconnect the MoCA adapter and the splitter tonight and test everything. If this is the issue I will update and accept your response as the Best Answer

Thanks!