Community Forum

Xfinity XR15 - Program Volume for Audio Receiver

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity XR15 - Program Volume for Audio Receiver

Is is possible to program an XR15 remote for the volume buttons **only** to control the volume on an audio receiver?

When I press the power button on the XR15 remote it powers off both the TV and the audio receiver.  I would like for the power button on the XR15 to ONLY power on/off the TV, and not power on/off the audio receiver.  However, I would like the volume control on the XR15 to control the volume on the audio receiver. I previously had an XR11 remote and somehow had this capability (I don't remember how it was done), but, would like this same capability on an XR15 remote.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity XR15 - Program Volume for Audio Receiver

I don’t know how it could’ve been done unless you found a code to do it. It’s normally an all in one code

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity XR15 - Program Volume for Audio Receiver

Hi, edgrooms. This used to work for me with my old equipment setup and my XR11 remote as well. I believe it had something to do with locating a certain manufacturer code for both the TV and the audio receiver. Have you tried using any of the other manufacturer codes, beyond the recommended code for each device? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!