annv1's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, November 21st, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity DVR refusing to record shows

11/23/20 - Editing to add that I'm in the Seattle area, and this does seem linked to stations no longer appearing under the Guide as 'Free to Me', even though they are part of my cable package.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My DVR is refusing to record some shows and I'm unable to determine why.  For example, when using the Guide and attempting to record a show, it will go through the steps and appear that it is going to record, but then the Guide will have a red no entry (a red circle with a slash through it) symbol next to the show.  This is what I've tried:

• There are no other shows scheduled at the same time, so its not a conflict issue. 
  • My DVR is 37% full and should have plenty of space. 
  • I've tried going in and removing future scheduled shows temporarily to see if its because the DVR is anticipating being full, but this made no difference.  However, I was able to re-add these particular shows. 
  • Multiple times I've done a Restart/System Refresh/actually unplugging the DVR
  • Issue is the same whether I'm using the xfinity remote or the xfinity phone app
  • The initial show I was trying to record was the series "Black Narcissus" on FXHD.  Once that failed, I tried recording the episodes manually.  Once that failed I tried recording random shows on different HD channels from the Guide - most of these failed as well with different stations, different times, but I can't figure out why as this seems random - no scheduling conficts.  
  • I have the series "Fargo" on FXHD on schedule and it has been recording it fine, but looking at the episode scheduled for tomorrow (11/22) it is not listed on the 'to be recorded' list.  When I look up the series under 'Upcoming' the future 2 episodes are listed with the icon of 3 red circles with the top circle being the open red circle with the slash through it, so they do not look like they will record.  

Anything else I'm missing for troubleshooting?  It really just seems to not be working properly.

Thank you.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Since I was the one who began this thread, I thought I should add that this issue did seem to resolve for me on 11/23, so the problem seemed to last for ~ 2 days.  When checking my 'to be recorded' list I finally saw my series on FX and other stations appear, as well as other shows that I had attempted to record when I was trying to figure out what was going on.  I believe things are back to normal for me.

I work in software and end-user support, so completely understand that occasional technical problems occur, but this experience would have been much less frustrating if there was better communication from Comcast.  An easy to find (or even better, push notification) that users may be experiencing this problem, and that it was being addressed would have been welcome.  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, annv1!

I really appreciate you taking the time to update this thread and let us know the DVR is working correctly for you too now. I totally understand your frustration through this process and your feedback will absolutely be taken into consideration for the future so we can find better ways to keep everyone informed.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

3 years ago

Annvi hit the nail on the head by saying "but this experience would have been much less frustrating if there was better communication from Comcast.  An easy to find (or even better, push notification) that users may be experiencing this problem, and that it was being addressed would have been welcome."  Numerous users, myself included, complained about being left in the dark.  

-- My complaint to management resulted in a canned response that could have been sent to anyone about anything.  

-- My calls to tech support were answered by tecs in Mexico and elevated to a tech in Columbia who were clueless.  

-- Support Forum employees (also moderators) did not weigh in until the problem was solved and then answered by posts in the forumn offering to help by tellling people to "private message them" several times a day--which most did not know how to do.

-- To all I said post something on the website-send emails--let everyone know it is a nationbwide problem and tell them what is going on.  Customers need communication.

-- I received a robocall telling me the problem was fixed and giving me a number to call if I still needed help -- a day after the problem was fixed.  

-- Too little to late.  As competition increases, it seems the wrong approach to decrease customer communication and service.

-- I understand Comcast will be raising their internet and TV prices after the first of the year.  This experience will do little to keep customers already on the edge of cutting the cord when that price increase announcement is made.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

3 years ago

Looks like I spoke too soon. Same problem came back today when all my Friday recording disappeared and all future series recordings are gone again. And I cannot record any live shows or future shows.

I went through all the steps (refresh, sync DVR, unplug box) and still issues.

Can someone please help? I PMed but did not receive a response.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue on MSNBC. Tried to record the Obama special... DVR blinks green when I hit record, but no other feedback. Record requests sent via the Xfinity Remote app work, however, and scheduled shows record (I think).

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I'm still having issues with my DVR only recording certain channels - even when restarting the box. I am also having issues with streaming Xfinity Stream on other devices. 

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

3 years ago

Yup, I am still having issues here - can't stream or DVR recordings and all my devices are missing from My Account...I had a tech come out yesterday...saw the issue live (no ability to DVR, no ability to stream, all devices gone from My Account) and while he was here and on the phone with the xFinity direct support (Tier 1/2 that they can call direct) it was fixed...then less than 24 hours later, not working again...there is someone who will be calling me back by Sunday as they are looking at my account behind the scenes...the tech thinks that my account will just have to be rebuilt behind the scenes...something is wrong there is what the concensus is.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I did a system refresh and it worked, got everything back and tried recording a show and it was all good

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

3 years ago

I’ve done close to 10....you’ll be back to the same problem soon.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

3 years ago

Hi @JoeDeb_23! Thank you for letting us know that performing an account refresh help with your recording issue. I'm happy to know you're able to record again with no issues. If this issue happens to return, please let us know, and we'd be happy to investigate. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

No it is not fixed and I reset This has been going on for weeks. I hate it. Can only do one episode

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am having this same problem and no one seems to be able to help. The agent refreshed and reset my system but the TVs never turned off, only the router. I told her I am not seeing them connected to xfinity on my end but she said she seems them. Obviously there is a connection issue....

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Now this issue has moved on to my service area (DC metro area, Maryland) and no one on the xfinity troubleshooting side can seem to help me. How do I get this issue resolved like the folks here??

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

In Northern Illinois, I have not been able to record local channels including Fox and CBS for 3 Months. They act like it is the first time they have heard of it every time I call. My neighbor who has Comcast has no problem with these channels!

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

3 years ago

I’m in the Baltimore area and I’m still experiencing the same issues....had a tech come out and saw the problem. Got it working with a refresh. Said he thinks my account needs to be rebuilt...people I’ve spoken with on the phone say it’s an issue at the pole.

Had a ticket since November for someone to come look at the pole and no one ever shows up...

I’ve had many PMs with Comcast reps on these boards and they are very responsive and trying to help however still not fixing the issue...

This has been going on since before Thanksgiving for me.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here