Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Would like to order XG1v4

posting for PM ability

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Would like to order XG1v4

I'd like to request an XG1v4 install kit if possible. Had a service call Friday 1/24 and was told by the worker he didn't have any on the truck, check with the local office.

Visited the local office (104 Old Cardiff Ln - Harriman, TN 37748) today and was told they only get a handful of them in every few weeks.

Thanks
Highlighted
New Poster

Ordering XG1v4

I'm have a OLED 4K tv and need to exchange my XG1v1 box for a XG1v4.  How do I get this done.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Ordering XG1v4

@Yianni3 wrote:

I'm have a OLED 4K tv and need to exchange my XG1v1 box for a XG1v4.  How do I get this done.

go to your local Xfinity store and swap it out. take the set top box and the power supply. keep the remote.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Ordering XG1v4

Comcast used to send new out a new box with a return package for the old box.  Is that still possible.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I don't think posting or enabling PM's in this thread does any good now. Pretty sure you have to go into your local office or give them a call now.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

I got mine by calling 1800comcast and scheduled a tech install.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

You might try your local Comcast xfinity Store but their inventory varies almost daily. You also might try calling 1-800-934-6489 to see if they have inventory available and are able to ship one out to you with a UPS return label.

Finally you can try a PM message to @Comcast_Support to see if they have any inventory of the XG1v4 to ship out.  Many of the best and brightest employees have moved along and this consolated id is a good place to try.

Dave

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

I agree with these findings, as I've done the same tests on my TCL R625. I however have a Xi6-A hooked up to my TV. I can confirm that the upscaling done by the Xfinity box is very poor in comparison to my budget TV, although I'd argue this TV is better than most out there. I have noticed a ton of artifacts when it comes to using the Xfinity boxes, and I'd rather use Roku OS any day when it comes to Picture quality, guide responsiveness, etc. This is unfortunate, as I too was looking forward to the 4k content as it becomes available. Netflix is horrible thru the xI6 box. This issue has been driving me crazy. I have hope for a firmware update to fix the issues, but it's probably a hardware issue.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

@KOR-reyRen066 wrote:
I agree with these findings, as I've done the same tests on my TCL R625. I however have a Xi6-A hooked up to my TV. I can confirm that the upscaling done by the Xfinity box is very poor in comparison to my budget TV, although I'd argue this TV is better than most out there. I have noticed a ton of artifacts when it comes to using the Xfinity boxes, and I'd rather use Roku OS any day when it comes to Picture quality, guide responsiveness, etc. This is unfortunate, as I too was looking forward to the 4k content as it becomes available. Netflix is horrible thru the xI6 box. This issue has been driving me crazy. I have hope for a firmware update to fix the issues, but it's probably a hardware issue.

Do you reckon the XG1v4 would have the same issues as your Xi6?

Edit: oh wait, Xi6 has no dvr.

Dan
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

XG1v4 self install kit

Hello:  I'd like to request an XG1v4 box self install kit for my 4K tv.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: XG1v4 self install kit

@Ngbarkus wrote:

Hello:  I'd like to request an XG1v4 box self install kit for my 4K tv.

moved your post ot this master thread. if you have a working box it may be a while before any employee can get to your request due to pandemic.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: XG1v4

Need box mailed to me, all comcast stores close

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Is posting here still the best way to try to get a 4K box?  XG1v4

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I would like to request an XG1v4 box.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

XG1v4

Highlighted
Expert

@Ready2Go wrote:

hi, I moved your post to this mega-thread. it may be a while before you get a reply due to the global pandemic.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

I would like to get the xg1v4 box if possible. How do I go about doing that?
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @Ngbarkus, @Jmichael55, @jsheleheda, @Mason_woyt, @Ready2Go, and @mntimbuktu! 

We appreciate you all for posting to the Xfinity Forums to have a 4K DVR shipped to you. I'll be happy to submit your order to have them sent out. Please send me a private message if you haven't done so already.  To send a private message, click on "ComcastChe" and then click send a message. In the body of your message, please include: 

* Your first and last name (and the name of the account holder),  
* And the house number of your address, so I can assist you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello @ComcastChe 

Can I get added to the list as well (request for XG1v4 cable box upgrade).  I tried to find the private message icon, but I believe that may need to be initiated by you first. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
New Poster

Hi @ComcastChe

I'd like to get the XG1v4 box as well and couldn't send a PM yet as this was my first post.  I'll follow this up w/ a PM.

Thanks

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Same regarding inability to send PM. Sending one now.
Highlighted
New Poster

I need of an 4k box for our new TV.
Could not message you, however.
Thanks for your for time!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @Adultingnerds

Thanks for reaching out! I can ship you a 4K DVR. In order to send an Official Employee a private message, you will first need to make a public comment on a post this you did or create a public post of your own to enable private message capabilities. Since you have commented on this post, please try sending me a private message now and we can get started. Chat with you soon!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Hello

I need a 4K cable box for my new 4K TV.

I will try to message you after posting this.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I would like to get on this list as well. Will send PM @ComcastChe 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I don't seem to have the PM ability... no control to send a message when I go to your profile.

Highlighted
New Poster

Hi I am a current subscriber and also  interested in sapping my old X1 for a 4k box and self install kit.

Thanks,

<Edited for violating forum guidelines: “Personal Information”> 

Highlighted
Expert

@amyjonathon wrote:

I don't seem to have the PM ability... no control to send a message when I go to your profile.

scroll up and check to see if you are signed into the forum. After making your first public post then you can send a private message.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yep, @Rustyben signed in to the forums. I've seen a few other responses that once you make a public post you can then PM, but I'm not seeing any control that allows that function. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place? When I look at my profile or open someone elses, all I see is the:

•  date they were last logged on
  • post count
  • kudos count
  • solutions count
  • and a list of their recent contributions

I do not see any button or anything for private messages. I'm really hoping I'm just blind and it is perfectly obvious that the function is available, just in a different spot.  🙂

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Interesting, this morning, I now have a little envelope icon on my profile that takes me to Private Messages. Maybe it's four public posts to automatically enable the feature?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Just received a new 4K television and would like a 4K cable box as well! Commenting on here so I can get the ability to private message 🙂

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

posting to enable PM function

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I could not figure out how to send a message directly to ComcastChe, so I hope this reaches you.

I would like to receive a XG1v4 cable box delivered in the mail.

If this is the wrong place to send this request, please advise.

Thank you,

Highlighted
Expert

@ptjohns10 wrote:

Hello,

I could not figure out how to send a message directly to ComcastChe, so I hope this reaches you.

I would like to receive a XG1v4 cable box delivered in the mail.

If this is the wrong place to send this request, please advise.

Thank you,

look in upper right hand part of the forum page. does it show you are signed in? if so click on @ComcastChe  link here and look in the new window upper right side for 'send me a message' text and click on that.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I was able to get a XG1v4 at my local Comcast store on Monday, The bad news was it would not authenticate on my account and apparently was defective. When I called tech support they told me to swap it out for another unit but also (thankfully) scheduled a service call for the next day.

When I went to swap it out at the store they did not have another one and told me they only got four in that day. 

Tuesday when the tech arrived he did have another one on his truck, swapped it out and all is well.

So far I am happy with the picture quality and features of the unit. I have not had X1 service before, only cablecard and TiVO.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Sounds like my experience as well. Good times!
Highlighted
New Poster

I would also like to upgrade to the 4k box.  I'll send a PM if able to after this posting.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Just wanted to thank @ComcastChe @Rustyben and the others for their help. Received the v4 box and everything is performing great.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @SHannaNestle

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums to share your experience. I'd be happy to help by shipping a new one to you if this hasn't already been taken care of. I've just replied to your private message and look forward to chatting with you! 

Highlighted
Official Employee

You are more than welcome @amyjonathon! Thank YOU for allowing us to help. Let us know if you need anything in the future. Take care! 🙂 

Highlighted
New Poster

I would like to exchange my older HD box for a 4K Box. 

Thanks so much! 
Michael 

Highlighted
New Poster

Hello

I need a 4K cable box for my new 4K TV.

I will try to message you after posting this.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I’d like to be added to the list also
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Private messaged you! Thanks!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @yobegnuol and @Amansour1!

Thanks for creating a public post and submitting your account information in a private message. I have received both and would be happy to help send a 4K DVR. Please check your private messages and we can get this taken care of. Chat with you soon! 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'm also posting hoping to get a 4k compatible X1 box.  If I understand correctly, once I've posted, I'll be able to PM ComcastChe to initiate the next steps.

Thanks for helping!

Highlighted
Official Employee

@rdmcclintock, that's correct! Send me a private message and I'll help get this order created for your new 4K DVR! Chat with you soon! 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Would like to order XG1v4 also.