Community Forum

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Frequent Visitor

Re: need a XG1v4 with self install kit

I placed my order via phone rep, and was able to add TV service to my exisiting internet and phone plan. 

I have three TV's total that need to be connected, all 4K, and I was told by the CSR that only the DVR box is 4k while the other two boxes will be HD only. Is this correct? I was under the assumption that all boxes would be 4K ready (similar to Dish and their 4K Joey's). 

*The CSR said he requested a 4K DVR in the notes section for the install. 

Any help or info? Thanks in advance. 

Frequent Visitor

@Rustyben wrote:

@Hunterward17 wrote:

Hello - I just purchased a 4K tv and do not have a box that works with 4K. Who can I reach out to to replace my HD DVR Box with a 4K Box that supports DVR.

Thank you,

Hunter

do you have a local Xfinity store? you can swap there in a few minutes. the recordings do not 'transfer' (existing) but you can run a menu option to sync DVR when you install the new DVR. (the cloud will have the most recent 60 hours of recordings that will be available on the new DVR until they are removed by new recordings.

Not all local xFinity stores have the XG1v4 available. Mine has not had these DVR units for several weeks. I would suggest you call first to verify that your local store has inventory. Here is where you can look-up the phone number for your local store.

Link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/service-center-locations

Dave

Frequent Visitor

Re: XG1v4 DVR Replacement request

@Rustyben wrote:

@dave006 wrote:

I am trying to get a replacment XG1v4. My XG1v4 failed last Monday after about 1.5 years of great service and I went to my local Xfinity office last Tuesday to exchange it for a replacment.

The rep said that they have not received any XG1v4 units for weeks and did not know when they would receive more units. She provided me with a XG1-a that will not even reach the initial Startup to pair with the new X15 remote or even display the initial Welcome message. I tried 2 different TVs that both work with a Pace Xi3 STB (small & easy to move back and fouth for testing) that I used to verify that problem was the XG1-a and not a HDMI cable or the remote or the COAX drop.

Dave

I have escalated your issue on 8/10 and again today 8/13 to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

@Rustyben thank you for your assistance. I heard back from @ComcastElla via a PM yesterday, she had been on vacation since last week. Today is part of her scheduled weekend so she asked @ComcastAlly to contact me via PM to complete my request for a XG1v4 DVR Self-install kit.

@ComcastAlly got the XG1v4 DVR ordered today so I am all set.

Dave

Frequent Visitor

Re: XG1v4 DVR Replacement request

@ComcastAlly  PM sent. Thanks. 

Frequent Visitor

@the5rivers wrote:

I placed my order via phone rep, and was able to add TV service to my exisiting internet and phone plan. 

I have three TV's total that need to be connected, all 4K, and I was told by the CSR that only the DVR box is 4k while the other two boxes will be HD only. Is this correct? I was under the assumption that all boxes would be 4K ready (similar to Dish and their 4K Joey's). 

*The CSR said he requested a 4K DVR in the notes section for the install. 

Any help or info? Thanks in advance. 

In addition the the XG1v4 DVR supporting 4K content, the Arris Xi6 wireless STB also supports 4K content. So for your 2 additional TVs you would need a Xi6 wireless STB to view 4K content.

I see that @ComcastAlly has responded to your post via a PM.

Dave

Official Employee

Re: XG1v4

Hey All, 

If you need a new 4K DVR now, let me know via private message and I'll ship ya one. Just need your full name.  Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Posting to enable PM function

Official Employee

SkyRacer_1 got your PM. Thanks for posting! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

XG1v4

I just got a 4k tv.  How do I go about upgrading from my XG1v3 box to a XG1v4?

Thanks, 

Thomas Daly

New Poster

XG1v4 Request

Please send me the XG1v4 box. Thank you!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 Request

@Maximilliant wrote:
Please send me the XG1v4 box. Thank you!

I got mine by calling 1800comcast; did you try calling them?

Mine was a replacement for my old DVR; do you have a DVR?
If you don't, it might be faster to go to your nearest Xfinity Store.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hello, Anon42327 and Maximilliant! I'm happy to help with getting a 4K DVR box. Please send me a private message with your first and last name. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message. Thank you!

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Would also like to get a UHD box. No idea why I didn't get it when my account was set up.

Regular Visitor

XG1v4 for 4K

I just bought a 4K TV and I have XG1v3.  How do I upgrade to XG1v4?

Regular Visitor

XG1V4

Can I request a XG1v4?

My DVR is old, and it has been acting oddly for a year or two now.  Half of the LEDs in the clock are burned out so it's impossible to tell the time or read any box messages.  I have to restart or refresh at least once a week, and the menus will freeze fairly often (I can sometimes "wake it up" by simultaneously pressing the Guide and PageUp buttons.

I was wondering if I could exchange the old DVR for an XG1V4 DVR.  I live in Portland, Oregon.  I could bring the old unit to the Sandy Blvd location for the exchange.  I presume that there would be no increase in my monthly Comcast fees.

Thanks.

Expert

Re: XG1V4

Yes; take it into the servicecenter for exchange.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 for 4K

@tcallahan1 wrote:

I did two upgrades; the first one was to take my old DVR to my Xfinity Store and they gave me a new one at no charge; it included the XR15, but I continued to use my old XR11 because I like it more.  I did not have to take anything but the DVR box.

The second time I called 1800comcast and they sent me one in the mail and it included a UPS return label, which I used.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

XG1v4 request

Hi,

I’d like to request a XG1v4 box.

I’ve seen posts to send a private message to customer service but I don’t see a way to send a private message within the forums.

Thanks,
Nicolas
Regular Visitor

Re: XG1V4

I was ready to take my old dying DVR to my local Comcast store to replace it with a new XG1V4, but I thought that before I unhooked the old DVR and drove to the store, I'd call them to find out whether or not they had any of the XG1V4 units in stock.  Turns out that this is impossible to do.  No matter which of the numerous numbers I dialed purporting to be the number for the local store, all of them wind up eventually (after an endless series of button pushing to respond to all the queries) at a call center in India, where the reps are all very polite, but who were ultimately unable to tell me whether my particular local store had the XG1V4 in stock.

Can someone on this forum order the XG1V4/self-install kit for me and have it mailed to me, along with a UPS return label for the old DVR?  Thanks.

Regular Visitor

Re: XG1v4 request

Ok, I've figured out the private message part as that option now appears after I posted. Still wondering how I can replace my old box with a 4k compatible box such as the XG1v4?

Silver Problem Solver

@njh75 wrote:

Ok, I've figured out the private message part as that option now appears after I posted. Still wondering how I can replace my old box with a 4k compatible box such as the XG1v4?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3255762/highlight/true#...

Regular Visitor

Enable PM
New Poster

Thank you for your help ComcastElla

Regular Visitor

Posting to enable PM

Official Employee

Hi   , thank you for reaching out here and welcome to our forums.  I can help review the XG1v4 availability in your area.  Please send us a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you

Regular Visitor

I can't seem to figure out how to PM.  I would like to request a XG1v4 DVR and Xi6 4k box to replace my old ones.  I have two 4k tv's now and would like to take advantage of them. 

Thank you, Roger

Silver Problem Solver

@WHW0306 wrote:

I can't seem to figure out how to PM.  I would like to request a XG1v4 DVR and Xi6 4k box to replace my old ones.  I have two 4k tv's now and would like to take advantage of them. 

Thank you, Roger

Does this help?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Getting-Started/Private-message/td-p/3170319

Frequent Visitor

My PM to ComcastElla was finally answered with this is not monitored (temporarily).  Has she changed positions or just on vacation?  Is there any other way to get our X1 upgraded short of driving to the remote office and hoping they have one?

Jen

Official Employee

Re: XG1v4 for 4K

@tcallahan1 wrote:

, glad I was able to get you that 4K box! Please post again if you need anything else.

-Ken

New Poster

XG1v4

Please tell me what I need to do, to receive an xg1v4 box and self install kit. Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

@Pcox00 wrote:

Please tell me what I need to do, to receive an xg1v4 box and self install kit. Thanks.

Official Employee Digital Care

Hi   , thank you for reaching out here and welcome to our forums.  I can help review the XG1v4 availability in your area.  Please send us a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you

New Poster

X1 4K box

I finally upgraded to the X1 box a couple of days ago. The guy at the store sent me home with Version 3 X1 box with the clock on the front. I need the version 4 to stream 4K on Netflix. Anyway you can mail me 1 to save me a trip back the Xfinity store?
New Poster

Re: XG1 v4 Box

I had a new install today and the tech did not have any xg1v4 boxes so I got an older box. Is it possible to get an xg1v4?

Thanks

New Poster

Upgrade to XG1v4

I've been a Comcast Triple Play customer for over a decade. I recently moved and was given new equipment with a self install kit. I was given an XG1v3 TV box but would like to upgrade to a XG1v4. Is an upgrade possible?
Expert

Re: Upgrade to XG1v4

@Smknl wrote:
I've been a Comcast Triple Play customer for over a decade. I recently moved and was given new equipment with a self install kit. I was given an XG1v3 TV box but would like to upgrade to a XG1v4. Is an upgrade possible?

Hi, I moved your post the the mega-thread on the subject. scroll back a bit and see the procedure to get the request started.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

How can I receive an XG1v4 TV Box?Is PM here the only way?  

Silver Problem Solver

@ckayl wrote:

How can I receive an XG1v4 TV Box?Is PM here the only way?  

There is another way; you can take the box to your nearest Xfinity Store and get a free swap for the XG1v4 (if they have them in stock).

Regular Visitor

Thanks, my closest Xfinity stores require a 20-30  minute drive each way. I don't want to make the trip for nothing...

I suppose I'll wait a bit for Comcast people to respond.

Regular Visitor

Xg1v4 request

Expert

@Bent240 wrote:

Xg1v4 request

scroll back to 9/13 date by Comcast_support and follow those directions.

Frequent Visitor

I have the XG1v3 and would like to upgrade as  well, but I have 3 other TV's hooked up to the small boxes.  Would those boxes be compatible with the newer XG1v4?

I plan on going to the service center tomorrow in person, so I'm wondering if I need to bring in just my XG1v3 or do I need to bring in the other small boxes too.

Diamond Problem Solver

It’s just a box swap, don’t worry about your other equipment

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

@CCAndrew wrote:
It’s just a box swap, don’t worry about your other equipment

Thanks, I just got the X1 service installed today and was hoping I'd get the v4, but ended up with the v3. I have a 4K TV, so it'd be nice if I could get the newer v4. If I'm unable to get the v4 from the store tomorrow, I'll PM one of the reps here.

Also, if I replace the box, will I be able to get the saved shows on the new box?

Diamond Problem Solver

Anything you’ve saved will replicate. If you had it longer only the last 60 hours of recordings are accessible

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Expert

@jjf123 wrote:

I have the XG1v3 and would like to upgrade as  well, but I have 3 other TV's hooked up to the small boxes.  Would those boxes be compatible with the newer XG1v4?

I plan on going to the service center tomorrow in person, so I'm wondering if I need to bring in just my XG1v3 or do I need to bring in the other small boxes too.

you might want to swap one of your small boxes for same price xg2 (companion with 3 tuners to loan to other set top boxes). that will allow your  DVR to have all 6 tuners available to record at the same time (or 5 and one to watch on that TV).

Regular Visitor

Yeah, I already contacted them.

Regular Visitor

Posting for PM option

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Don't go down to your local service center, all they have are refurbed units. Call Comcast directly and state the issues you've been having, if you've done swaps explain that, same with tech visits, demand a new box, that is NOT a refurb, demand self install and demand to not be charged for the replacement. Exact way I did it. Sorry for my improper Grammar, I was writing this on a phone with a small screen.
Contributor

Re: xg4

No SSD. Has HDD. internal HDD , HDD is 500gb min. 1tb max. All x1 boxes run are a huge Java applet that's like a virtual machine.
Contributor

Re: XG4 (XG1v4) Launched

XG1v4 is a 4K box. Can confirm, I've run it on a monitor that supports 4k.