Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Would like to request a XG1v4 to replace my standard XG1 and also see about getting a Xi5 or latest for my outside tv?  

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

5 years ago

Hello zirkleta. Thank you for visiting and posting on our Forum. I can assist with the options to order and XG1v4 and an Xi5 box. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your account. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I would like to order an XG1 v4 Box to replace a Tivo box.  Thanks, Lovedogs74

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

5 years ago

Hello dareell12. We welcome you to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for creating your first post. I can help you order an XG1v4 4K DVR box to replace your Tivo. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

Recognized Contributor

• 

1.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hobbs135, glad I was able to get the 4K box sent out! Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you need additional assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

5 years ago

Hello, Rfunicello12. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I would like to request my current DVR be replaced with a XG1v4  self install kit.

Thanks

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I'll try again, i would like to switch my DVR to a  XG1 v4 Box. I posted this once and got a reply to call Comcast, great, I did. Sounded like things were going to get done, was placed on hold while he was going to check into savings, after being on hold for a long time the phone was cut off on there end. No call back, left to start all over again. So i took my box to the local Comcast store and was given a bunch of *** that the 4k box had to be installed by one of there techs since it was wireless and had to be calibrated to the internet connection. Should I stick with just an internet connection and go with something like Hulu Plus or continue to get **** service from Comcast?

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

5 years ago

Hi zirkleta.  I did not receive a private message from you. If you continue to need help with this please send me a private message, or create a new post. Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

5 years ago

Hello Pattyann1005. Thanks for private messaging me. I noticed you did not respond to my last private message response to you. If you still need assistance with the matter, feel free to respond via private message or please create a new post so our team can help you directly again. 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I would like to exchange my current DVR for an XG1v4 box to self-install.

Can you help me with that?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

re-opened mega-thread for replies.

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

5 years ago

Hi MIT1991. We appreciate you visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums. I can assist with placing an order for an XG1v4 to be shipped to you. I did receive and respond to your private message. 

Please know that sending unsolicited private messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Help & Support Forums, is a violation of Forum Guidelines

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

How do we go about upgarding to a XG1v4 box?

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

5 years ago

Hi eahyndman3. We appreciate you visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums. I can assist with upgrading to an XG1v4 to be shipped to you. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here