Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

5 years ago

Hi CaseyJohnson. Since I didn't get a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send a private message if you continue to need help with this, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I would like to know how I can get a 4k hdr reciever?
Thanks

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I would like to request an XG1v4 box.

Recognized Contributor

• 

1.9K Messages

5 years ago

Mpace2424, thanks for reaching out! I just responded back to your PM. Please get back to me there when you can. 

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have just purchased a 4k television and my cuurent cable box does not offer this resolution.  I would like to request the proper equiptment.  Thanks

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

i'd like one

Recognized Contributor

• 

1.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hello, all! Thank you for reaching out here on the forums. To check the XG1v4 availability in your area, please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I would like to request an XG1v4 box

Recognized Contributor

• 

1.9K Messages

5 years ago

JimVR4, I'd be happy to help! Please send over a PM with your first and last name so I can check the availability in your area with you. 

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'd like to receive an XG1v4 Self Install Kit. Thank you.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Requesting a Arris XG1v4 self install kit please

Recognized Contributor

• 

1.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hello, Hobbs135! I just responded back to your PM regarding the 4K Box. Please get back to me there when you can! Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

5 years ago

Greetings, Rfunicello12! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I certainly understand wanting to get the 4K DVR. It's an amazing piece of equipment. I can certainly get this sent out to you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I would like one

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

5 years ago

Hi Pattyann1005. Thank you for visiting and posting on our Forum. I can help get an XG1v4 4K DVR ordered on your account. I did receive and respond to your private message. Let's please continue via PM. Thank you! 🙂 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here