Community Forum

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

New Poster

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

I would like to request a the newest box available. Will I need replacements for my other 2 TVs as well?
New Poster

Re: XG1 v4 Box

I would like one

Regular Visitor

Any idea when they activate your PM ability?
Expert

@Vareek wrote:
Any idea when they activate your PM ability?

done now as you have made your first public post

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Skeptical....  I called last week to request an XG1V4 to replace my old set top box.   The agent I spoke with confirmed my request and initiated the order.  I accpeted the request while speaking with him, and shortly received confirmation.   However, when the box arrived, it was NOT the XG1 V4.  It was something not even remotely close.   I called to inform of the error, and was told that they will put in another request.   This agent said she had to put "notes" in a different section to enure the box shipped is an XG1 V4.   I am skeptacal only becaue when I received the tracking number for the 2nd order, the shipment weight is EXACTLY the same as the box that was sent in error (10.2 lbs).  I would have expected the replacmenet to weight less, but perhaps it doesn't. This message may premature, however, I remain skeptical.

Regular Visitor

Sure enough...2nd box came today, and it's another standard receiver.   Called again, being told they can TRY again, but can't guarantee they will send me the correct box.   This makes no sense!

Official Employee

@90sracer Send a PM to @ComcastElla and she should be able to make sure you get the proper equipment

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

PM enable post
Official Employee

Hello All, 

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forum. If you wish to have an XG1 v4 shipped to you, and haven't done so already, please make a public post on this thread to enable the ability to send a private message. Once you've done this, send me or @ComcastElla a private message with your first and last name and the name of the account holder,  and we'd be happy to assist you. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I'd like one.

Official Employee

Re: Would like an XG1v4 box sent to me ...

erricz123, glad to hear you've recieved your new X1 box. Remember you can use the XFINITY My Account app to get up to date info on your account as well as reach out to us for support. 

Cheers! 

KenF

Regular Visitor

4K DVR

I see Comcast employees asking for posts/pms to request 4K DVR units. I'm hoping this lets me pm or at least start replying...

New Poster

Re: 4K DVR

I would like a 4k box.

Silver Problem Solver

I had to buy a clock for my 4k box; that's the only thing I don't like; I DO like the Bluetooth support for late-night watching.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

I would like to request the new 4k dvr box. Thank you!

New Poster

posting for PM

Silver Problem Solver

@bign22 wrote:

posting for PM

I got both of mine by just calling 1800comcast.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I would like the upgraded XG1 v4 box.  I am posting this so I can PM.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Test
New Poster

Posting to pm
Official Employee

Hello all,

Our team is always happy to assist you with getting a 4K DVR cable box but we no longer offer a free shipping option. However, you can visit the Xfinity Store and pick up an XG1v4 DVR box at no charge. Please feel free to reach me at any time. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

Thank you!

New Poster

Two questions.

Is the XG1v4 available in the Brentwood, TN area?

Is there somewhere I can download an actual manual for the XG1v4?

Regular Visitor

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

New Poster

Requesting an Arris Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

@ComcastJessie suggested I create a new post to request a XG1v4 TV Box.  So....I want one.  What do I do next?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Requesting an Arris Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

@andrew2019 wrote:

@ComcastJessie suggested I create a new post to request a XG1v4 TV Box.  So....I want one.  What do I do next?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3210185/highlight/true#...

Official Employee

@RDH1Z - Thank you for posting your questions in the Xfinity Forum. The Xg1v4 should be available in your area and I can double check if you send me your full name in a private message. As far as manual we don't have it available online but have you checked this link - https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-on-the-x1-platform? It might have the information you need. 

Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

Regular Visitor

PM enable post
New Poster

PM enable post

Official Employee

Hello, andrew2019. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I know what it's like wanting to make sure you have the most recent equipment. I can certainly look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

New Poster

Posting for XG1v4 box.

Official Employee

Hello, andrew2019. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

New Poster

Requesting a XG1v4

Requesting XG1V4 Self Install Kit

As per your instuctions:

Can I request a XG1v4?

• Yes, please author a new post in this forum requesting one. We are happy to send you a Self Install Kit.

I’m formally requesting a XG1V4 self install kit. Please let me know the next step in what’s required in getting one.

Thanks!

Casey

Official Employee

Re: Requesting a XG1v4

Hello CaseyJohnson. We appreciate you visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums. I can assist with getting an XG1v4  4K DVR shipped out to you. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your account. Click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile, then click the link that says "Send a message". There you can private message me. 

Official Employee

Re: Requesting a XG1v4

Hi CaseyJohnson. Since I didn't get a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send a private message if you continue to need help with this, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

New Poster

Can I request a XG1v4

I would like to know how I can get a 4k hdr reciever?
Thanks
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Can I request a XG1v4

@Mpace2424 wrote:
I would like to know how I can get a 4k hdr reciever?
Thanks

The instructions are at the beginning of this thread.  I just called 1800comcast and had them send it to me.  I actually did that twice; I now have two XG1v4's.

New Poster

I would like to request an XG1v4 box.

Official Employee

Re: Can I request a XG1v4

Mpace2424, thanks for reaching out! I just responded back to your PM. Please get back to me there when you can. 

Regular Visitor

I have just purchased a 4k television and my cuurent cable box does not offer this resolution.  I would like to request the proper equiptment.  Thanks

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

i'd like one

Official Employee

Hello, all! Thank you for reaching out here on the forums. To check the XG1v4 availability in your area, please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

Regular Visitor

I would like to request an XG1v4 box

Official Employee

JimVR4, I'd be happy to help! Please send over a PM with your first and last name so I can check the availability in your area with you. 

Regular Visitor

XG1v4 Self Install Kit Request

I'd like to receive an XG1v4 Self Install Kit. Thank you.

Regular Visitor

Arris XG1v4

Requesting a Arris XG1v4 self install kit please
Official Employee

Re: XG1v4 Self Install Kit Request

Hello, Hobbs135! I just responded back to your PM regarding the 4K Box. Please get back to me there when you can! Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: Arris XG1v4

Greetings, Rfunicello12! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I certainly understand wanting to get the 4K DVR. It's an amazing piece of equipment. I can certainly get this sent out to you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

New Poster

I would like one

Official Employee

Hi Pattyann1005. Thank you for visiting and posting on our Forum. I can help get an XG1v4 4K DVR ordered on your account. I did receive and respond to your private message. Let's please continue via PM. Thank you! Smiley Happy 

New Poster

Would like to request a XG1v4 to replace my standard XG1 and also see about getting a Xi5 or latest for my outside tv?