Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hi @Rhodness, and @Ktjeeper79

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum. I can help by shipping you a 4K DVR. I understand how the dust and dander could be a hazard to the new baby, unfortunately, I cannot promise that it won't be refurbished because they are shipped from our warehouse based on what is available in inventory. In order to assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, as well as the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.  

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.  

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Sent PM. I would like a XG1v4 box. Thanks so much!

Jeff

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Thanks, Jeff! If there are any additional questions surrounding the 4K box, please let us know. 

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

5 years ago

Hello CCCHE,

PM sent requesting XG1V4. All set? Thanks. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Just picked up my Xg1v4 box.  Have not hooked it up yet but not happy with it already. No audio out-puts why not, no clock way not. This is supposed to be the latest and greatest I think it is a stepback in time. The engineers to to rethink this box and get it right.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

gdi1540, thanks for your feedback. We received a large response from customers in previous models that the clock on the box was distracting at night (some people have them in their bedrooms). If you are not enjoying the new box, I'd be happy to swap it out for the v3. Let me know. 

KenF

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the response. The clock easy fix switch it on switch it off simple way around everyones clock issue. As far as my sound issue thanks to Samsung and a great young lady who knew everything there was to know about my receiver at Bestbuy that will be resolved as soon as I get home today. 

thanks  gdi

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the response. The clock easy fix switch it on switch it off simple way around everyones clock issue. As far as my sound issue thanks to Samsung and a great young lady who knew everything there was to know about my receiver at Bestbuy that will be resolved as soon as I get home today. 

thanks  gdi

gdi1540, glad to hear your issue was resolved. Post again if you need anything. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I don't seem to have an option to reply to the main request thread nor do I have access to any private message system. @ComcastChe or @ComcastJessie please help!

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @erricz123, thanks for reaching out and I can assist you with getting an XG1v4 Cable box! In order to pull up your account, can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different?

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I do not have that option when I click your name: 

@ComcastAmira

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Posting to enable PM

New Poster