Re: XG1 v4 Box

I would like to request a XG1v4 4K box for self install. thanks

Silver Problem Solver

@fossof wrote:

I would like to request a XG1v4 4K box for self install. thanks

Don't forget to pm.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Hello - Posting to enable PM feature and order 4K box via forum. Thanks!

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Post for PM.

New Poster

Order XG1V4 DVR

Hi 

I would like to replace my existing X1 DVR with a XG1V4. What is the process for doing that?

Regular Visitor

Re: Order XG1V4 DVR

i currently have the x1 operating system 4k dvr box for my main bedroom tv.  but i want to get a non dvr x1 operating system 4k box for my other tv in other room.  are there any 4k non dvr boxes available and one that would not require me to hook up about 150ft of ethernet wire to the box.

if a official comcast employee can please reply or imbox me i would appreciate it  like someone like @ComcastElla  for example...

as i have 2 4k tvs and the box currently hooked to the one tv is just the regular tiny x1operating system box thats non 4k

also does anyone know of any way to get the ID channel back in the upper tier lineups besides dropping down to the lowest tier to get that channel and also the Wgn channel and military history channel

Silver Problem Solver

@DRSQUBA wrote:

i currently have the x1 operating system 4k dvr box for my main bedroom tv.  but i want to get a non dvr x1 operating system 4k box for my other tv in other room.  are there any 4k non dvr boxes available and one that would not require me to hook up about 150ft of ethernet wire to the box.

if a official comcast employee can please reply or imbox me i would appreciate it  like someone like @ComcastElla  for example...

as i have 2 4k tvs and the box currently hooked to the one tv is just the regular tiny x1operating system box thats non 4k

also does anyone know of any way to get the ID channel back in the upper tier lineups besides dropping down to the lowest tier to get that channel and also the Wgn channel and military history channel

I was able to get two 4k dvr's by calling 1800comcast.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Silver Problem Solver

@satanand wrote:

Hi 

I would like to replace my existing X1 DVR with a XG1V4. What is the process for doing that?

I was able to get two 4k dvr's by calling 1800comcast.

Regular Visitor

I just went to my local Xfinity store here in Salem, OR. Got one right there.

Regular Visitor

Posting for pm.
Regular Visitor

Enabling PM

Highlighted
New Poster

Posting for PM privileges

New Poster

I would like to replace my existing X1 DVR with a XG1V4.

Silver Problem Solver

@Prix03GT wrote:

I would like to replace my existing X1 DVR with a XG1V4.

Just an FYI:  I was able to call 1800comcast and had them send me the 4k DVR.  I replaced mine and sent it back in the box that came with the 4K DVR.

Regular Visitor

Hello, posting in order to gain the ability to PM

New Poster

Posting to PM

New Poster

Re: XG1 v4 Box Upgrade Request

Hello.  

I would very much like to upgrade my current equipment to the new XG1v4 DVR and if available, Xi6 to stream 4k content to my 4K TVs.  I have called into Comcast and have stopped by my local store a few times but equipment is never in/available.  

Appreciate any help.

New Poster

Posting to enable PMs.

Silver Problem Solver

@JIMBRONI wrote:

Hello.  

I would very much like to upgrade my current equipment to the new XG1v4 DVR and if available, Xi6 to stream 4k content to my 4K TVs.  I have called into Comcast and have stopped by my local store a few times but equipment is never in/available.  

Appreciate any help.

Were you aware that the Xi6 requires a professional installation?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/wireless-tv-box-faqs

Frequent Visitor

I have had the XG1v4 for several months now. I can’t find a user manual for the box and Xfinity employees have not been cooperative or helpful in locating a manual. I am puzzled regarding the lack of information and guidelines for best performance of the 4K TV Box. I have been able to stream Amazon Prime 4K programming and the TV did report 4K HDR Video stream, but that’s the only time the HDR is reported. Again, without a user manual it is extremely difficult to examine this TV Box. Some Xfinity support staff told me to go to an Xfinity store for a manual, but this TV Box is available only from direct shipping for self-install.
Can you please post a known link to the manual for the XG1v4?
Diamond Problem Solver

Sorry, There isn’t one what would you like to know.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I would like to know why the TV Box:
1. identifies my AVR-S940H by Denon as a TV not an audio system?
2. It doesn’t allow me to change the identification from TV to Audio System?
3. It doesn’t allow the TV to communicate over CEC?
4. X1 App removed the CEC functions?
5. It doesn’t stream HDR while it claims that the resolution is 4K UHD 60 HDR?
I would appreciate any help. Thanks
Silver Problem Solver

@zackSF wrote:

5. It doesn’t stream HDR while it claims that the resolution is 4K UHD 60 HDR?
I would appreciate any help. Thanks

The XG1v4 can only pass on 4k content; it doesn't do any upscaling AFAIK.

Right now, the only 4k content I am aware of is 4k Netflix.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you. Amazon Prime Video also streams in 4K and HDR
Silver Problem Solver

@zackSF wrote:
Thank you. Amazon Prime Video also streams in 4K and HDR

.....  which I am not subscribed to. <VBG>

Regular Visitor

I would like to request a XG1v4 4K box for self install.

Thanks

New Poster

Post pm
New Poster

post pm.

would like to order a new box with self-install.  

Contributor

I have the new comcast 4k box and I also have new roku 4k HDR Dolby Vision Tv's.

I watch 4k HDR and dolby vision on Netflix, Prime, youtube, and the colors pop like crazy.

When I play the same content through the comcast box, the colors are "normal" HD.

In a nutshell, the comcast 4k box does not pass HDR and DV colors.

Expert

@quovadis12345 wrote:

I have the new comcast 4k box and I also have new roku 4k HDR Dolby Vision Tv's.

I watch 4k HDR and dolby vision on Netflix, Prime, youtube, and the colors pop like crazy.

When I play the same content through the comcast box, the colors are "normal" HD.

In a nutshell, the comcast 4k box does not pass HDR and DV colors. 

check your TV manual and the abilities of each of your TV's HDMI ports. which are HDCP 2.2 compatible (4k). in your manual which HDR (high dynamic range) systems does your TV support? is your set top box connected directly to an HDCP 2.2 compatible HDMI port on your TV now? is your resolution in your set top box set to 4k?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Does this 4k box improve the picture quality of my current HD channels at all? Also, if I change DVRs, do I still lose all my recordings?
Expert

@mjaaa24 wrote:
Does this 4k box improve the picture quality of my current HD channels at all? Also, if I change DVRs, do I still lose all my recordings?

no. you will not have access to the hard drive version of your recordings, only the ones on the cloud DVR. as new programs are recorded the older cloud recordings will fall off and that can happen quite quickly. you can see the cloud recordings currently available using a smart device  and the stream app or a desk/laptop. using the stream app will let you see the cloud DVR recordings.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Contributor

No,

hd channels are still quite blurry. It does not matter if you have a $300 tv or a $5'000 tv. The quality is compressed and blurry. It's definitely not 1080 like you see on Blu ray. 

We are simply not there yet!

New Poster

I’d like to get a v4 box as well. Is it refurbished though? I have just tried to replace a box that was stuck on boot and I’ve had 4 refurbished boxes full of dust either replaced by a technician or sent to me by customer service. Had been “guaranteed” new by each representative. Allergies and a baby prevent any dander/dust in the house.
Official Employee

Hi @Rhodness, and @Ktjeeper79

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum. I can help by shipping you a 4K DVR. I understand how the dust and dander could be a hazard to the new baby, unfortunately, I cannot promise that it won't be refurbished because they are shipped from our warehouse based on what is available in inventory. In order to assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, as well as the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.  

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Re: 4K box

Sent PM. I would like a XG1v4 box. Thanks so much!

Jeff

Official Employee

Thanks, Jeff! If there are any additional questions surrounding the 4K box, please let us know. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Hello CCCHE,

PM sent requesting XG1V4. All set? Thanks. 

New Poster

Just picked up my Xg1v4 box.  Have not hooked it up yet but not happy with it already. No audio out-puts why not, no clock way not. This is supposed to be the latest and greatest I think it is a stepback in time. The engineers to to rethink this box and get it right.

Official Employee

gdi1540, thanks for your feedback. We received a large response from customers in previous models that the clock on the box was distracting at night (some people have them in their bedrooms). If you are not enjoying the new box, I'd be happy to swap it out for the v3. Let me know. 

KenF

New Poster

Thanks for the response. The clock easy fix switch it on switch it off simple way around everyones clock issue. As far as my sound issue thanks to Samsung and a great young lady who knew everything there was to know about my receiver at Bestbuy that will be resolved as soon as I get home today. 

thanks  gdi

Official Employee

Thanks for the response. The clock easy fix switch it on switch it off simple way around everyones clock issue. As far as my sound issue thanks to Samsung and a great young lady who knew everything there was to know about my receiver at Bestbuy that will be resolved as soon as I get home today. 

thanks  gdi

gdi1540, glad to hear your issue was resolved. Post again if you need anything. 

Regular Visitor

Would like an XG1v4 box sent to me ...

I don't seem to have an option to reply to the main request thread nor do I have access to any private message system. @ComcastChe or @ComcastJessie please help!

Official Employee

Re: Would like an XG1v4 box sent to me ...

Hello @erricz123, thanks for reaching out and I can assist you with getting an XG1v4 Cable box! In order to pull up your account, can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different?

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

Regular Visitor

I do not have that option when I click your name: 

@ComcastAmira

Regular Visitor

Posting to enable PM

New Poster

I would like one

New Poster

Posting for PM

Regular Visitor

Posting to enable pms. Need a 4k box.