Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

So how can I Get a self installation kit with the XG1v4? I messaged three Comcast employees without any replies . Guess I’m just going to have to make a trip to an xfinity store I guess . Going have to drop off my old box anyway.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@skipro3 wrote:

What is the Ethernet connection for then?  What is it's purpose? 

I was e-mailed that Amazon Prime has 4K content that now is usable with this box. 

I was told Prime Video is delivered over the Xfinity Internet service to an X1 TV box, that an internet service plan was required.  Will I need the Ethernet connection for viewing Amazon Prime Video in 4K?

You are saying only Netflix is 4K? 

Also, what about youtube 4K?

What about OnDemand Winter Olympics 4K?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@CCAndrew wrote:
Skipro3, the answers to your questions
-this DVR (and all DVRs) use a live coax cable connection
-no,an Ethernet connection is not required for 4K (but a Netflix 4K subscription is, it’s the only 4K content)

the set top boxes are 'generic' and the buyer enables or does not enable ports (like the ethernet one on X1 equipment. Comcast declines to make the port active for any purpose on the DVRs and older companion devices.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

5 years ago

Call store first, My xfinty Store never had one(4K box)

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I will also like the 4K dvr

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I would like to get the 4K DVR. Thanks!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Posting for PM

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

new article showing Comcast has added 4k Youtube to the X1 youtube app.

https://www.multichannel.com/news/comcast-integrates-youtube-4k-into-x1

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Post for PM

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Posting to enable PM!

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

post for PM capability. thank you.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Yesterday my new 4K box arrived.  Well, it should have.  Inside was the same X1 HD box I currently have!  What a screw up!  I called Xfinity and spoke to a person who told me they were sorry and that a tech would be out tomorrow (now today) between 1 and 3pm with the right box and install it for me as well as haul away the old box and the wrong box they sent me. 

Well, that's more like it.  I'll post back once the thing is actually installed and working as well. 

Cheers!

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Post for PM

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

post for PM

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

The tech showed up around 1:30pm and got my new 4K box up and running.  Then we spent the next two hours playing with it!  We had a blast testing out the 4K content, the Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound, etc. 

Thanks Xfinity. 

I love the quality of the picture on my 4K HDR capable 70" TV.  With this box, my wife can just speak her program request even if it's on Netflix or Amazon Prime.  And if it's 4K quality, even better.  And go to back to regular channel programming, just hit the 'back' button and you are there.  A breeze! 

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

5 years ago

Make sure you try out Voice Fast Froward it works (It Advances in Split second)Just say “Fast Forward 3 Minutes “ It’s Great!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here