Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Posting to enable PM.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I would like to order a self install kit for the XG1. Is that still possible?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Is this where I go to request a XG1v4 TV Box

1 Attachment

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I just bought a 4K TV ..  I would like to be sent a self install kit. for the new  XG1v4 . 

Is this the right place to request this new version of the Xfinity DVR  ?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Per ComcastJessie's suggestion in the FAQs for the XG1v4, I am submitting a separate post here to get an XG1v4 (to replace my existing XG1 box). Does the self-install kit provide a means to ship the existing box back? If so, please sign me up.

Thanks!  

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

6 years ago

@blakedunc235 and @awcricket

I can help get you an XG4. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hello, I'm having rebooting issues with my XG1v2 set top box. I need to see about upgrading to the Arris XG1v4 set top box. Thanks.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Would also like to get one of these boxes.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hello, I'd like to please request a self-install kit for the XG1v4 box to replace my existing DVR. I currently have a model MX011ANM DVR - will my existing DVR recordings and scheduled recordings transfer over to the new DVR since i have the Cloud DVR service? They all appear on Xfinity Stream site. Thanks in advance!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi, Posting to enable PM

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

6 years ago

Hello all,

Just a reminder. If you place an order through our team here on XFINITY Help & Support Forums  - we don't charge a shipping fee. However, when we send a new DVR cable box, the billing system automatically adds an "Additional Outlet" charge because you technically have two active DVR cable boxes on the account. As soon as you return the old DVR - the system will automatically prorate the charge and apply a credit. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hi, posting to enable pm feature. Thank you.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Can you pick up a 4K box at the xfinity store? Do you need new companion boxes if you get one?

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I would like the Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box self-install kit sent to me. Thank you.

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

6 years ago

I have requested the new box 2 times, I havent gotten a single reply back???
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here