Community Forum

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Hi, posting to enable PM feature to request the  XG1v4 TV Box.

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Posting to enable PM.

New Poster

Hi, posting to enable PM feature to request the  XG1v4 TV Box. TIA

Regular Visitor

Re: 4K UHD Set Top Box

Posting so I can PM @ComcastElla too

Regular Visitor

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Frequent Visitor

Hello All,

I'm a bit confused by the worry over looking at Netflix in 4K on the Comcast cable box.  All 4K LG OLED TV's  - and most 4K TV's in general - will stream 4K from Amazon, Netflix, YouTube & Hulu right out of the box - just connect it to your WiFi or plug in a network cable, go to the appropriate app, and register your TV.  
I think the underlying question is "when will Comcast broadcast general television content in 4K?".  Does anyone know about Comcast's plans to do that?  [Or is 4K broadcast TV happening already without fanfare?]  For me that would be the real driver to have the XG1v4 box.  I feel like I want to have one just to be ready.  

Frequent Visitor

@MikeToz wrote:

Hello All,

I'm a bit confused by the worry over looking at Netflix in 4K on the Comcast cable box.  All 4K LG OLED TV's  - and most 4K TV's in general - will stream 4K from Amazon, Netflix, YouTube & Hulu right out of the box - just connect it to your WiFi or plug in a network cable, go to the appropriate app, and register your TV.  
I think the underlying question is "when will Comcast broadcast general television content in 4K?".  Does anyone know about Comcast's plans to do that?  [Or is 4K broadcast TV happening already without fanfare?]  For me that would be the real driver to have the XG1v4 box.  I feel like I want to have one just to be ready.  

That's why I got one,  just to be ready.  

Expert

@MikeToz wrote:

Hello All,

other than a few low power stations doing testing, broadcasters don't broadcast in 4k in USA. The articles i've read point out that it is more likely that they wait until 8k or more and next generation of broadcast TV is decided which will cause consumers to need new set television equipment or a converter box to be able to use older equipment. the Streaming sources don't 'broadcast' so they have no barrier other than 'minimum' of HDCP 2.2 to protect the 4k stream. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I tried to find one of the XG1v4 locally to no avail. Will PM @ComcastElla as stated in previous posts.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I reached out to ComcastElla - one of the most knowledgeable employees at Comcast for sure.  

Regular Visitor

Hi, I am having a lot of trouble upgrading to a new 4k DVR box, I went all the way to the store with my old box and then they tell me they don't have any. Is there any other way I can recieve this box?? Please help. Thank you.
Expert

@Grandmaster420 wrote:
Hi, I am having a lot of trouble upgrading to a new 4k DVR box, I went all the way to the store with my old box and then they tell me they don't have any. Is there any other way I can recieve this box?? Please help. Thank you.

scroll back up to the 6/12/2018 post in this thread from @ComcastElla and PM her by clicking on her username. you must be logged in to PM (upper right corner of the web page).

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Re: I need an X1v4

I attempted to reach out via pm but it doesnt work and I would really like the 4k box is there also a 4k companion box?

Expert

Re: I need an X1v4

@lunarklypse wrote:

I attempted to reach out via pm but it doesnt work and I would really like the 4k box is there also a 4k companion box?

since you have made a post now your PM function may be working. be sure to login at the upper right corner before attempting to PM

Regular Visitor

Hi posting for PM feature

Highlighted
New Poster

I would like to test out the XG4 if I could be sent a self install kit. Thanks in advance.

Regular Visitor

Posting to enable PM.

New Poster

Re: XG4 (XG1v4) Launched

I would like to order a self install kit for the XG1. Is that still possible?

New Poster

Requesting a XG1v4 TV Box

Is this where I go to request a XG1v4 TV Box
Screenshot_20180630-175157_Chrome.jpg
New Poster

I just bought a 4K TV ..  I would like to be sent a self install kit. for the new  XG1v4 . 

Is this the right place to request this new version of the Xfinity DVR  ?

Regular Visitor

Request for XG1v4

Per ComcastJessie's suggestion in the FAQs for the XG1v4, I am submitting a separate post here to get an XG1v4 (to replace my existing XG1 box). Does the self-install kit provide a means to ship the existing box back? If so, please sign me up.

Thanks!  

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Request for XG1v4

You might get faster service if you call 1800comcast; that's how I got two separate shipments of the XG1v4 and it included free return by putting my XG1v2's in the box and using the included UPS return label.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

@blakedunc235 and @awcricket

I can help get you an XG4. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

XG1v4 Set Top Box

Hello, I'm having rebooting issues with my XG1v2 set top box. I need to see about upgrading to the Arris XG1v4 set top box. Thanks.
Regular Visitor

Would also like to get one of these boxes.
Regular Visitor

Hello, I'd like to please request a self-install kit for the XG1v4 box to replace my existing DVR. I currently have a model MX011ANM DVR - will my existing DVR recordings and scheduled recordings transfer over to the new DVR since i have the Cloud DVR service? They all appear on Xfinity Stream site. Thanks in advance!
Silver Problem Solver

I called 1800comcast and they sent me a SIK for the 4k DVR - free rteurn.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Hi, Posting to enable PM
Official Employee

Hello all,

Just a reminder. If you place an order through our team here on XFINITY Help & Support Forums  - we don't charge a shipping fee. However, when we send a new DVR cable box, the billing system automatically adds an "Additional Outlet" charge because you technically have two active DVR cable boxes on the account. As soon as you return the old DVR - the system will automatically prorate the charge and apply a credit. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Hi, posting to enable pm feature. Thank you.
Regular Visitor

4K box

Can you pick up a 4K box at the xfinity store? Do you need new companion boxes if you get one?
Regular Visitor

I would like the Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box self-install kit sent to me. Thank you.
Contributor

I have requested the new box 2 times, I havent gotten a single reply back???
Regular Visitor

I called earlier today to check stock at my local store and was told that it is not available for pickup. Only professional install or self-install kit, but that would cost $15. I read on here about the fee waiver. May I please request a PM? Thanks!
Regular Visitor

Requesting XG1v4 (4K) DVR box. Need to be able to PM for request. Please assist. Thank you
Regular Visitor

Can you send out the self install kit for the Xfinity 4k - XG1v4?
New Poster

Posting to enable PM.
New Poster

I'd like to request the XG1v4 self install kit.
Regular Visitor

Thanks! I have one coming
New Poster

Hi posting to enable private messages
New Poster

I don't see a way to "private message" you as well on your profile. Thoughts?
Regular Visitor

Hi Ella, I'll PM you for a XG1v4 upgrade Thanks, Dass
Regular Visitor

i'm replying to this thread to have the PM feature enable.
Regular Visitor

Post to enable PM....

Zachary Fiorelli
Regular Visitor

Posting to enable PM.

Frequent Visitor

I would like XG1v4 tv box,I call Xfinty Store for availability get voicemail No response What Do IDo,Not Happy 

Frequent Visitor

Look for 'ComcastElla' posting here. 

She is a Comcast Social Media employee and will help you get the equipment you want. 

She helped me get a 4K box and it's great.

Frequent Visitor

Reach out to 'Comcast Ella' here.  She will help you.

Frequent Visitor

Just want 4 K I pay enough !!! Ella should get in with me!
Frequent Visitor

I’m happy to provide you with facts. It’s new and it’s a DVR. Get over it.