Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

My question is not about Shipping. .. it is technical

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

Thats how it formats my messages using my mobile device. If you want to complain about my formatting complain to comcast. That's not how i wrote my posts. Tell Comcast there is something wrong with their website when you post using a mobile device don't complain to me because I did not write it that way.

Instead of helping me your criticizing the format of a post that I have no control over.

Furthermore that's rude, not helpful and inappropriate. I am aware there's no 4k live content yet I have been waiting for many years. But there will be. I'm asking a few simple technical questions which level 3 comcast support told me to post here. I know part of my posts was a rant but I had a few questions that I was hoping someone would be nice enough to answer or at minimum give me some advice.

Regular Contributor

• 

81 Messages

6 years ago

@ppeter78 wrote:
Thats how it formats my messages using my mobile device. If you want to complain about my formatting complain to comcast. That's not how i wrote my posts. Tell Comcast there is something wrong with their website when you post using a mobile device don't complain to me because I did not write it that way.

Instead of helping me your criticizing the format of a post that I have no control over.

Furthermore that's rude, not helpful and inappropriate. I am aware there's no 4k live content yet I have been waiting for many years. But there will be. I'm asking a few simple technical questions which level 3 comcast support told me to post here. I know part of my posts was a rant but I had a few questions that I was hoping someone would be nice enough to answer or at minimum give me some advice.

No one is here to argue with you nor listen to your negativity and chastising.  And no one appears to have a problem with formatting their posts on this forum but you.  I dont' think it's a Comcast issue. 

As far as your question,  what is your question? 

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

6 years ago

Hi, can you please tell me, right now I have  AXO(or 0)13ANM will I lose all my DVR shows saved when I switch? last time I switched to this newer box I lost %10 thanks 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

Anything more than 60 hours will be lost. The cloud retains the last 60 hours of recordings

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs

Regular Contributor

• 

81 Messages

6 years ago

@RobertWy wrote:

@ppeter78 wrote:
500 gb hard drive's have been in your dvrs for a good 10 years now and cost nothing so why don't you put a 1 or 2tb hard drive in there? Att or someone has offered a 2tb hard drive for years now. Ultra HD recording are going to blow through hard drive space like it's nothing. 4k is 3 to 4 times more space then HD depending on the quality of the broadcast. When you do broadcast shows in 4k. Now I just got off the phone with sales and they want me to pay 15$ Post here to get a 4K DVR http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/td-p/2987898 

A picture quality is only a problem when I'm watching something that's on the cloud not the DVR. What about the storage space on the Ultra HD DVR and I don't want to get a DVR and you realize that the storage space is not enough for Ultra HD and then you come out with another DVR that has a lot more storage space lastly can I have 3 DVRs 1 in Ultra HD

I have two XG1v4's and one XG1v3.  You can have as many as you are willing to pay for.  Usually, the first DVR is included in the package; all others cost $19.90/mo.

And I might add, nothing is preventing you from upgrading to newer hardware when it becomes available.  If you're unhappy with any particular piece of hardware you have, you're not locked in to keeping it.  They have been very good about this with me and normally waive the shipping charges as well.  Just be nice.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

pm

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hi Ella, I would like one of the new 4 k boxes also, I will pm you

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I have no service/picture problems with the XG1v4 box itself, but I have two complaints in general.

1. The cloud storage and DVR storage show different % which really stinks.  I have to keep looking on my app to find the REAL % of space left.  I found out the hard way when things were randomly disappearing.

2. The new remote.  I hate it.  The buttons are tiny and too close together.  In addition, there is no 'TV POWER' button any longer.  This is what I need to properly power on all my devices in proper sequence.  So...problem solved by retaining the older remote.

I guess I'm just venting.

Regular Contributor

• 

81 Messages

6 years ago

@FL4TWRX wrote:

I have no service/picture problems with the XG1v4 box itself, but I have two complaints in general.

1. The cloud storage and DVR storage show different % which really stinks.  I have to keep looking on my app to find the REAL % of space left.  I found out the hard way when things were randomly disappearing.

2. The new remote.  I hate it.  The buttons are tiny and too close together.  In addition, there is no 'TV POWER' button any longer.  This is what I need to properly power on all my devices in proper sequence.  So...problem solved by retaining the older remote.

Regarding the remote, I completely agree with you.  Personally, the XR11 looks much better, along with the center navigation buttons being more ergonomic and extremely easy to navigate in the dark.  Your thumb naturally falls into place.  Definitely not the case with the XR15.  Not sure what they were thinking of when they designed the XR15 and hope they never phase out the XR11.   

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee. Please take a picture of your modem's model/serial number label so you will have the information available to private message to the Comcast Employee that responds to this escalation.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@FL4TWRX wrote:

the percentage is a measure of ratio between used vs total space. The cloud DVR is measured in hours (60) so if you have 40 hours it is 40/60 or 67%. The same 60 on your home DVR is measured in terms of space used by the 40 programs which might be a mixture of SD/HD mpeg2 and mpeg4 (mpeg4 and SD being much smaller file sizes). the two percentages are not comparable and would never be the same unless both are full or empty.

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

I've had the 4K box for a few days now and have been having intermittent issues with the picture freezing followed by the box restarting after a minute or two. Called  Comcast and they sent a refresh and i've tried a few diffenret HDMI cables but had the issue happen again  two times today. Want to try and troubleshoot all options before calling for a tech to come out, Any idea on what this could be?

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

Except losing all your recordings
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here