Community Forum

Xfiniti cable box showing only 720p as "Best Available Resolution"

New Poster

Xfiniti cable box showing only 720p as "Best Available Resolution"

I have a XiD-P cable box connected to a 1080p home movie projector.  When I try to change the resolution under device settings the only option it gives me is 720p (listed as best available option).  I've swapped this box out with 2 others in my house that are set at 1080p for their TVs, but whenever I connect them to the projector it lists 720p as the only option.  For some reason the cable box thinks my projector can only handle 720p.  Is there a way to "force" the cable box to 1080p even though it doesn't think my projector can handle it?  

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfiniti cable box showing only 720p as "Best Available Resolution"

@DRC9600 wrote:

I have a XiD-P cable box connected to a 1080p home movie projector.  When I try to change the resolution under device settings the only option it gives me is 720p (listed as best available option).  I've swapped this box out with 2 others in my house that are set at 1080p for their TVs, but whenever I connect them to the projector it lists 720p as the only option.  For some reason the cable box thinks my projector can only handle 720p.  Is there a way to "force" the cable box to 1080p even though it doesn't think my projector can handle it?  

If you aren't using an HDMI cable, you probably can't get higher than 720p.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I am using an HDMI cable
Silver Problem Solver

@DRC9600 wrote:
I am using an HDMI cable

The projector only has one HDMI port?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Yes, only one port. I've also tried different HDMI cables to no avail.
Silver Problem Solver

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Projection/td-p/3281357