Community Forum

XR15 remote flaw

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

XR15 remote flaw

I'm sure other people have had this issue.  Once you program the XR15 to control volume on a sound bar/receiver the power button no longer works for the TV.  Unless there is a work around, hopefully Comcast can update the remote firmware to have the power button turn off BOTH programmed devices.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: XR15 remote flaw

@CoreyD wrote:

I'm sure other people have had this issue.  Once you program the XR15 to control volume on a sound bar/receiver the power button no longer works for the TV.  Unless there is a work around, hopefully Comcast can update the remote firmware to have the power button turn off BOTH programmed devices.

I don't like the XR15 so I use the XR11 and it works with my soundbar on two TV's - my XR2 controls the TV just fine and I have anothe XG1v4 UHD and my XR11 controlls the TV sound.

See if there is any help here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: XR15 remote flaw

I found that I run through the x15 setup on screen and it wouldn’t let me program the Vizio sound bar and TCL 55RokuTV. So I run the setup for the tcl first like normal then selected the Vizio and crash (the screen says unfortunately we were unable....) I left it on this screen and manually added the Vizio by pressing Mute /Xfinity button till goes green and entered the code 32xxxx and the remote blinked green and now controls both, unfortunate event is pier off for both devices if they get out of sync.